Sculpting plans for 2017!

Started by Leon, 11 April 2017, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

11 April 2017, 11:03:06 PM Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 01:10:26 PM by Leon
We've mentioned our plans for 2017 already but I thought it was worth going through the sculpting side of things in a bit more detail.

What We're Working On - April 2017

Tony
1. 1849-1866 Italians - A large project that is nearing completion now, we should have the final batch of sculpts with us at Salute.
2. 1860's Austrians - A couple of minor revamps for the Jagers and Grenzers to bring them up to par with the rest of the range.
3. Indian Mutiny - We'll be getting started on this one around June/July time and we'll be putting up a potential range list after Salute for input.

Phil (Techno)
1. Korean War - Comprehensive range covering all major nations in this conflict, a full sculpting list can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,15019.0.html
2. Ancients - Where possible we'll be trying to fit in a revamp of the Dacians.

Mart678
1. Modern Vehicles - Working through the 1950's and into the 60's, so BTR40 and ASU57 for the Russians, Saracen, Saladin for the Brits, etc.

Steve Cox
1. WWII Vehicles - A mix of revamps and new additions, with the Sdkfz 251's next to get replaced and then some Belgian vehicles coming as well.

Clibinarium
1. Nothing to declare at this time!

The previous 'Working On' list can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14366.0.html

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

The big A figures are sculpted already, aren't they?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Someday you'll hear a quiet movement behind you in a dark alley....

fsn

12 April 2017, 07:42:35 AM #4 Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 07:48:52 AM by fsn
Yeah, PaulR, it's obviously Amazons!
Which leads me to "wot! No Warband?"  :o

Quote from: Leon on 11 April 2017, 11:03:06 PM
1. Korean War - Comprehensive range covering all nations in this conflict,
You might want to be careful with that "all"; there are pedants about.

The Australian government cites troops from "North Korea, China and Russia ... South Korea and from 21 United Nations", and "included medical units from the Soviets' allies Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Bulgaria and Romania."
(http://korean-war.commemoration.gov.au/armed-forces-in-korea/)

I look forward to the Polish MASH unit!  :P

Clibinarium
1. Nothing to declare at this time!
Is is more League of AusbErg? "Musketeers suspecting the onset of a lice infection" is, in my opinion, well past due.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

We've mentioned our plans for 2017 already but I thought it was worth going through the sculpting side of things in a bit more detail.

What We're Working On - April 2017

Tony

2. 1860's Austrians - A couple of minor revamps for the Jagers and Grenzers to bring them up to par with the rest of the range.

8)

Hi Leon,  I can see the reason for re-doing the grenze, but what needs doing with the jaegers? They were done at the same time as the rest of the range, and are very characterful figures. Or are these Jaegers in Kittel for 1859 Italy?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

cameronian

12 April 2017, 10:05:42 AM #6 Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 10:08:41 AM by cameronian
Bit puzzled by the Jaegers too, new sculpts as I recall, what's wrong with them ?

later ... is there a kneeling firing Jaeger, if not that would certainly be welcome.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 April 2017, 11:46:32 PM
The big A figures are sculpted already, aren't they?

Not sure where we are with those, with them being a side project I've left them with Phil and we'll update once they're here with us.

Quote from: fsn on 12 April 2017, 07:42:35 AM
Which leads me to "wot! No Warband?"  :o

You might want to be careful with that "all"; there are pedants about.

Warband is complete now, the last two ranges are here with us to be moulded and that'll be it for the main races.  There's some more Monsters we want to add, but those are longer term items we can knock out here and there.

I've edited the Korean mention to 'all major nations' for you...  :D

Quote from: mollinary on 12 April 2017, 08:57:03 AM
Hi Leon,  I can see the reason for re-doing the grenze, but what needs doing with the jaegers? They were done at the same time as the rest of the range, and are very characterful figures.

Quote from: cameronian on 12 April 2017, 10:05:42 AM
Bit puzzled by the Jaegers too, new sculpts as I recall, what's wrong with them ?

The Jagers are older sculpts as far as I'm aware?  The moulds for the old range all had a red paint stripe on them and the Jagers and Grenzers are the only ones left with that mark.  Plus we've had several requests for updated sculpts for both types.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

I clearly need new specs. I almost thought you'd called the Mexicans a "side project", absurd though that sounds.... ;D Silly me.

mollinary

12 April 2017, 01:24:28 PM #9 Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 01:26:35 PM by mollinary
Hi Leon,

The AU3 , Jagers in Kittel, are old sculpts. AU9, Jagers in Greatcoat, are defiintely the new sculpts. I can guarantee that the latter are new sculpts, as I used a number of the old sculpts (just one pose, advancing) as skirmishers in front of my battalions of the new poses, advancing and firing).

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 12 April 2017, 01:24:28 PM
The AU3 , Jagers in Kittel, are old sculpts. AU9, Jagers in Greatcoat, are defiintely the new sculpts. I can guarantee that the latter are new sculpts, as I used a number of the old sculpts (just one pose, advancing) as skirmishers in front of my battalions of the new poses, advancing and firing).

Ah yes, my fault, it's the AU3's which we're redoing, the AU9's are fine.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Large Jagermeister for Mollinary!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

old smokie

isn't about time we had some command for the AWI Queens Rangers

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GrumpyOldMan

3. Indian Mutiny - We'll be getting started on this one around June/July time and we'll be putting up a potential range list after Salute for input.

Hello

Looking forward to what Indian figures will be put up as possibilities.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan