Just had to share it

Started by FierceKitty, 05 April 2017, 04:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

I'll see your raise, Raider, and stand pat.
Sleep with clean hands ...

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Orcs on 05 April 2017, 06:42:04 PM
What is wrong with eating a cat?, or any other animal for that matter.

If your going to eat meat what does it matter what animal you eat?  It is only culture that makes some people eat one type of animal and not others. As  long as the animals are looked after properly and dispatched humanely I have no problem with people eating whatever they like.

Also if being sold it needs to be sold as what it is, not passed off as something else. 

It's mainly to do with parasites, toxins and the like: the higher up the food chain you go, the more toxins accumulate in the tissues and the closer the host species's physiology to your own  :-B

This is why - morality aside - cannibalism is a bad long-term survival strategy!

Biologically yours,

Meirion

PS When I was painting the cats from the petting zoo last night i noticed that one is missing. Any chance of a model sink or loo to find them in?  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

06 April 2017, 10:12:37 AM #17 Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 11:08:57 AM by FierceKitty
Eating a carnivore is also potentially expensive, since it takes far more vegetation to turn into a given mass of flesh on the plate. Though if you're harvesting strays it's another matter (and running street dogs over the border into Vietnam is a lucrative though illegal racket here).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: Luddite on 05 April 2017, 07:09:40 PM
Which is why many of us don't.   ;)

Being vegetarian has many positive benefits, provided a proper balanced diet is eaten.

When my Stepdaughter went vegan she just ate pre packaged crap and vast quantifies of anything sweet. Preparing proper food using pulses, nuts etc was just too much work for her. It lasted a couple of years, now she is back on an omnivorous diet

Me I just like the taste of meat too much.  However I strongly believe we should eat less meat than we do,  The Animals should be looked after very well, dispatched humanely and as much of the animal as possible should be utilised.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

We've been hosting a vegan, and to make matters worse she's allergic to gluten, and dislikes olives. Lovely person, but not easy to feed.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 April 2017, 01:16:15 PM
We've been hosting a vegan, and to make matters worse she's allergic to gluten, and dislikes olives. Lovely person, but not easy to feed.

Lots of rice then.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson