Just had to share it

Started by FierceKitty, 05 April 2017, 04:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

05 April 2017, 04:32:08 AM Last Edit: 05 April 2017, 04:56:26 AM by FierceKitty
After all, this is one of the recognised raisons d'etre for the internet.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

I would have been sorely tempted to turnthe tap on !   :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Shedman

At last! A thread for mildly amusing cat pictures

This one was taken in a local pub which has a 4 Star Food Hygiene Rating

FierceKitty

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 April 2017, 04:32:08 AM
After all, this is one of the recognised raisons d'etre for the internet.

You're going to need a *VERY* big glass to get rid of that one  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Shedman on 05 April 2017, 10:56:30 AM
At last! A thread for mildly amusing cat pictures

This one was taken in a local pub which has a 4 Star Food Hygiene Rating

It's pretty clear where they lost a star: the edge of that draining board looks pretty grimy to me!  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Wulf

Many many years ago, a local restaurant was closed after a dead dog was found in the walk-in freezer. It was fully sealed up in plastic, but the food hygene inspectors were not persuaded when the owner claimed his dog had been poinsoned & he was keeping it on ice pending an autopsy. The restaurant was called the 'Sha Tin'...

FierceKitty

I have sometimes thought a Chinese restaurant could make a tidy profit selling kitties in bamboo cages with recipes attached. Passers-by are horrified, buy kitties, and take them home; kitties escape during the night and return to the restaurant to be sold again a few days later....

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 April 2017, 12:27:37 PM
I have sometimes thought a Chinese restaurant could make a tidy profit selling kitties in bamboo cages with recipes attached. Passers-by are horrified, buy kitties, and take them home; kitties escape during the night and return to the restaurant to be sold again a few days later....
Thus giving us an interesting insight into the workings of your mind.  :)
A worrisome aspect of this is that in these parts a certain percentage of purchasers might  try the recipe. :o

We had a cat once who liked to sit under a dripping faucet and let the drops hit him on the head - there was apparently no limit to how long he would stay there.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Raider4

I see your cats in sinks, and raise:

Cheers, Martyn

Orcs

Quote from: d_Guy on 05 April 2017, 02:56:15 PM
A worrisome aspect of this is that in these parts a certain percentage of purchasers might  try the recipe. :o

What is wrong with eating a cat?, or any other animal for that matter.

If your going to eat meat what does it matter what animal you eat?  It is only culture that makes some people eat one type of animal and not others. As  long as the animals are looked after properly and dispatched humanely I have no problem with people eating whatever they like.

Also if being sold it needs to be sold as what it is, not passed off as something else. 

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Luddite

Quote from: Orcs on 05 April 2017, 06:42:04 PM
If your going to eat meat what does it matter what animal you eat? 

Which is why many of us don't.   ;)
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

d_Guy

Point taken, Orcs.

Could this stance possibly lead us to considering Swift's A Modest Propsal in a non-satirical way?
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

FierceKitty