Base sizes

Started by Shedman, 04 April 2017, 01:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Are there any conventions on base sizes in BKC3 or is it still down to individual tastes?

Orcs

I believe that they have specified base sizes. But it is not critical as long as both sides are the same.  Even if they are not it only makes a slight difference with Artillery and Air attacks
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

We've got suggested sizes of 50x25mm for infantry, AFV's, vehicles, etc and then 50x50mm for your command and artillery.  You can use whatever you like though, it doesn't really affect anything in the rules.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Leon on 04 April 2017, 02:25:32 PM
We've got suggested sizes of 50x25mm for infantry, AFV's, vehicles, etc and then 50x50mm for your command and artillery.  You can use whatever you like though, it doesn't really affect anything in the rules.

Is that irrespective of figure size, or for 10mm only? If the latter, what do you recommend for 6mm?

Leon

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 04 April 2017, 02:30:44 PM
Is that irrespective of figure size, or for 10mm only? If the latter, what do you recommend for 6mm?

The ranges and recommended table size are all the same for 6mm-10mm, so you could use the same base sizes and just pop a few more figures on them?  An infantry base/unit would be representing something like 50 men, so we're recommending 5 or so 10mm figures on there, and 6mm could be 8-12 figures instead.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Leon on 04 April 2017, 02:44:37 PM
The ranges and recommended table size are all the same for 6mm-10mm, so you could use the same base sizes and just pop a few more figures on them?  An infantry base/unit would be representing something like 50 men, so we're recommending 5 or so 10mm figures on there, and 6mm could be 8-12 figures instead.

Cool, thanks.

petercooman

I still go by the original standard, and don't think i will change:

50x25 for infantry and small vehicles
50x30 for AFV
40x40 for artilllery/AA
50x50 for command

Sunray

Quote from: petercooman on 04 April 2017, 10:34:18 PM
I still go by the original standard, and don't think i will change:

50x25 for infantry and small vehicles
50x30 for AFV