BKC III - Resistance

Started by Sunray, 03 April 2017, 12:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

In ww2 they can range from small section sized units to large battle groups.

We also have dedicated Pendraken figures.  Does the new edition have any reference/listing for Resistance Groups ?

freddy326

odd, I read that as 'BKC III - Resistance is useless' !

ronan

Quote from: freddy326 on 03 April 2017, 12:46:52 PM
odd, I read that as 'BKC III - Resistance is useless' !

I also did !  ;D

( sorry Sunray, I don't have the answer but could not resist ! :D )

fred.

I'm not sure BKC is really the right scale to represent resistance actions - its really representing Brigade sized forces, which is much larger than virtually all resistance actions. I'm less sure about the Eastern front but certainly in France when the resistance tried to fight organised German forces on a large scale they came off badly.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ithoriel

Eastern Front partisan actions certainly involved partisan bands big enough to feature in BKC games. By 1943 partisan forces in many areas numbered in the tens of thousands.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sunray

Indeed, and as the Germans went on the back foot, resistance became more conventional.  The Glierers Plateau saw serious concentrations of  resistance "armies" , as was the case in Poland, Russia, Greece, and Tito's Yugoslavia.

Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 04 April 2017, 08:15:12 AM
Indeed, and as the Germans went on the back foot, resistance became more conventional.  The Glierers Plateau saw serious concentrations of  resistance "armies" , as was the case in Poland, Russia, Greece, and Tito's Yugoslavia.

Looking back at the improvised 1960s Bush war rules I cobbled together, I see I plagiarised the CWC Guerrilla Tactical Doctrine (pp.55-56).  It should be work in context of WW2 for those who want to adopt it.   

Dave Fielder

I ordered them too. It is futile!! Bloody Pendraken and their stuff!!!
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis