The Battle of Lockwitz ( SYW, with Honours of War )

Started by ronan, 02 April 2017, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronan

Hello folks,
We played this very good scenario,
but the prussian won  :(  ( not easily !   :D )

I wrote a very short AAR http://2d6.fr/?p=4158

I really like these rules,
and the minis,
  and the beers,
But not the dice !  ;D

Leman

I also like these rules and find they play really well with 10mm figures on a 100mm frontage using the 15mm QRS. Have you tried Pendraken's 7mm green and red dice? I now use these with the 7mm dice frame attached to a small base and placed behind the relevant unit.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Westmarcher

Looks like it was a fun game, Ronan.    :-bd

[from your blog AAR] "The french side lost the CinC in the beginning, and suffered."    ???

Quelle surprise! How did that happen?

p.s. I see you are also a member of the Honours of War forum. Presumably you have since seen examples of the green and red Pendraken dice and frames in action that Leman and I use?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

sunjester

I need to play these rules again. I've only had one game so far, using my WSS armies, but they were great fun to play.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

JeffNNN

Quote from: sunjester on 03 April 2017, 05:07:40 PM
I need to play these rules again. I've only had one game so far, using my WSS armies, but they were great fun to play.
d
Have a look on the HoW forum for my friend Roland's (screen name Rol) who has done a lot of work on a WSS variant for them.

ronan

Thank you all !
:)
( as I didn't have time to play for weeks ( months ?) I'm still happy for this game, even if I lost, And your words make me feel allright  :-[ )

Quote from: Westmarcher on 03 April 2017, 04:14:24 PM
Looks like it was a fun game, Ronan.    :-bd

[from your blog AAR] "The french side lost the CinC in the beginning, and suffered."    ???

Quelle surprise! How did that happen?

We decided to not change him when he died. It was a double-edge choice ( he was baaad ! but then he was not there !  ;D  )

Quote from: Westmarcher on 03 April 2017, 04:14:24 PM
p.s. I see you are also a member of the Honours of War forum. Presumably you have since seen examples of the green and red Pendraken dice and frames in action that Leman and I use?

I have to apologize for my writing : I hate dice when I throw them !
I don't really hate those markers, but you're all right : I should use  small frames : it would be nicer and easier.