BKC-III available for pre-order!

Started by Leon, 01 April 2017, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ at the Bank

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Chieftain

Quote from: rct75001 on 02 April 2017, 02:32:26 AM
Can I ask how well this is suited for infantry focused games as opposed to armour ones?

Anyone's experience with BKCII that could help me?  

Thanks
Richard

BkCII is an infantry-focused game.  You'll struggle in any battle without a solid core of infantry.

BkCIII enhances that.

This never happened:

;D
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

rct75001

And she said "You haven't bought more of those little men have you?"

https://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com.au

Nick the Lemming

Are there any plans to release them as a pdf?

Leon

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 02 April 2017, 01:59:23 PM
Are there any plans to release them as a pdf?

Also released on the 22nd...  ;)

Quote from: Leon on 01 April 2017, 03:43:58 PM
For those who prefer their rules in a digital format, BKC-III will also be launched as a pdf download on Wargame Vault on the same day as Salute, so Sat 22nd April.  We'll also have a range of 1000pt Starter armies ready for the launch, more details on those coming soon.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Monsieur Miniatures

Hi,

Do you plan to do a french version ?

acctingman

I know it's just release, but how well does this game play solo?

The only game I have right now is Chain of Command and while it lends itself nicely to solo play, it's a skirmish game. I'm looking for a nice game that is solo friendly and lends itself to larger battles.

Also, any suggestions as to what I can do for some quick, cheap and easy terrain? All my stuff is 15mm and I'm NOT going to make more terrain for a 6mm game (the scale I'd want for larger battles)

Thanks

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Print Google maps, cut out woods and hills
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ronan

Quote from: Monsieur Miniatures on 03 April 2017, 06:35:04 PM
Hi,
Do you plan to do a french version ?

Hello and welcome, monsieur miniatures !

Leon wrote somewhere, he was thinking about it.. I guess he will decide after knowing how good are the sales..
( Leon a écrit quelquepart qu'il y pensait. Je suppose que ça dépendra des ventes ..)

Quote from: acctingman on 03 April 2017, 06:56:27 PM
(...)

I also play solo with Chain of Command... and with BKC II !  ;)
It goes well (for my needs) as we're not always sure of the activation ... ( as usual, I tend to play with "standard" units, no "uber-elite-veterans" )

Leon

Quote from: Monsieur Miniatures on 03 April 2017, 06:35:04 PM
Do you plan to do a french version?

We would like to offer one, as well as German and Spanish, but it will depend on finding people willing to do the work.  We spoke with a French gentleman last year, who had translated the previous version, so I will be talking with him again.  The problem is that translation work can be expensive and I do not know if there would be enough sales.  Any translated versions would likely only be in pdf format as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Quote from: acctingman on 03 April 2017, 06:56:27 PM

The command rolls make it very suitable for solo play, as often units will not do what you want them to.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Monsieur Miniatures

Thanks for your welcome ronan, and thanks to you and Leon for your reply.

I understand the difficulties to make a translation. For me this is essential because I play only with my young kids and it would be really difficult with English rules...

I will follow this topic and make a wish  :)

Perhaps if it's possible in pdf, it would be possible to have it with print on demand...

Thanks again and best wishes for this 3rd edition !