Irregulars/guerillas/insurgents/terrorists

Started by urbancohort, 01 April 2017, 02:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbancohort

Seriously need some post cold war moderns in 10mm. Include figs for the sort of coflicts seen in 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s etc - irregular/terrorist/insurgents for assymmetric warfare games, plus 'police' units to deal with crossover from military/police responsibilities: e.g. RUC, various gendarmeries etc. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Sunray

Hi Graham

It is unlikely that specific types you mention will arrive shorty. However,  what I can say is that that when I was privileged to assist Phil (Techno) with the design of the North/South Korean figures , we created as many cap types as possible - which with the 41 RM in berets - will generate a wide spectrum of proxy figures for a host of post war/modern scenarios.

The SCW 32-35 range can be painted up as police in SD style caps - like RUC wore. 

Two other manufactures - Timecast (Modern Soviet) and Irregular (Modern Bush Wars) produce figures compatible with Pendraken figures and vehicles.  And the Pendraken Saracen APCs are reported to be "on the road" as we speak.

Happy gaming

James

Bernie

Sunray

Indeed they do Bernie - thanks for the link-  the Special Forces pack also has a few useful figures.  But beware of scale creep on the weapons.  The RPG7 and the LMG are exaggerated to almost 7ft long in what is claimed as 1/144.

Now all sculptors will exaggerate a weapon slightly to get the detail that allows us to recognise it. (Phil is a master at this craft).  But you don't want the situation where 10/12mm figures appear to be  carrying 15mm scale weapons... >:( >:(

The weapons portrayed in Pendraken Vietnam/Falklands ranges, the recent Timecast Soviets and the new Irregular Bush War sculpts have squared the circle nicely.   

jeffb

I did not know about Irregulars Bush War figures. Just had a gander, they are right up my street. I do alot of Modern African wargames.
Cheers for the heads up.

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse!!!
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion
RIP Marley, Bob, you'll always be my babies xxxxx

urbancohort

Thanks to all. Really helpful. Currently side tracked doing my LoA army but intend to address my moderns soon too. Graham

One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Sunray

Quote from: urbancohort on 05 May 2017, 06:57:15 AM
Thanks to all. Really helpful. Currently side tracked doing my LoA army but intend to address my moderns soon too. Graham

All part of the Pendraken Forum mutual help scheme -  Frequently I will be on looking for kit, advice or where to find something.

jeffb

05 May 2017, 06:10:32 PM #7 Last Edit: 05 May 2017, 07:45:50 PM by jeffb
Something like these would be appreciated. Could be used for the Chad/Libya campaign, the more recent Darfur crisis and current situation in West Africa with the Tuareg/AQ.

Cheers

Jeff
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872

jeffb

Some more ref pics.
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872

jeffb

ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Geiss

I'm not sure what protocol is for a topic this old, but I'd love to add my call for some modern Middle-Eastern insurgents!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

The plan - 

We (the Forum) help market and sell Korea and exploit the Proxy factor to the limit.  Buy em, paint em , base em and post your images,  Demand for figures grows with the end of summer and gamers return to indoor pursuits.

On recuperation of outlay capital, the next project is the Yom Kippur War.  Again the host of nations/armies/uniform variants.

There might be scope for Arab insurgent type ?  :-   

Geiss

Alternative plan:

Let's convince the MoD that all of their fancy computer simulations are not nearly as good as the old fashioned pushing-figures-around-a-table-with-a-long-stick approach. To really plan their actions in the Middle East, they need a bunch of 10mm insurgency figures. We point them in the direction of Pendraken, and huzzah!