Rallying in Baroque

Started by paulr, 30 March 2017, 05:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

30 March 2017, 05:25:25 AM Last Edit: 30 March 2017, 05:27:58 AM by paulr
I'm using some cardboard cut out armies to try Baroque out for ECW and have a couple of questions about rallying disordered units.

1. Can a disordered unit that is already involved in a melee rally from disorder when it activates?

2. If a unit attempting to rally fails its discipline test its leader can attempt a forced rally, how many units can a leader attempt to force rally?

Another couple of, non-rallying, questions.
When using the terrain deployment system in the rules how do the players select which side they will play on? And when is this determined?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

brelly

Hi

Have played a few Baroque games and can help here.  We have found it to be a fun and challenging game though as a Parliamentarian I have a dislike of "GA His Royal Highness" units.

1. A unit in melee cannot be rallied (Section 2.5.3 second para).  I posed this question on the Dadi E Piombo forum because you would have thought it would be under "Rallying" but there you go. :)
2. As it is the unit that is trying to remove disorder, any number of units in the command can be force rallied.  A unit can do nothing after force rallying so it is limiting if you have to do this for multiple units.  :'(

Paul

brelly

BTW
If you have a farcebook account, then this group will be of interest https://www.facebook.com/groups/226294634377644/ . You will need to join.
Forum is found at http://impetus.ativiforum.com/
Paul

paulr

Thanks Paul :)

No wonder I couldn't find it then, there seem to be a few things in less than obvious places in the rules. I'm sure that gets easier the more you play.

That's what I thought on forced rally, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something

Any comments on when players select their table edge? Or have I played too much DBA where the invader picks after terrain deployment is finished
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!