Prone MG42 Teams - Firing

Started by Mako, 25 March 2017, 02:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

25 March 2017, 02:32:05 AM Last Edit: 25 March 2017, 02:33:55 AM by Mako
I added this info in on the MG34 Want List posting, but decided it needs its own separate request.

I'd like to see prone MG42 teams, firing from a bipod, for both Summer and in Winter smocks, or ponchos.

If I have to choose, I'd rather have the prone, MG42 team firing, for Summer, first.

Since German squads were built around their machine guns, and feeding/supporting them tactically, they are absolutely critical to the German WWII army.

Guys in camo smocks/bedsheets/Winter Gear, firing the MG42 and MG34 would be appreciated as well, if they aren't available, while we're at it too.  They're needed for the fighting in the Ardennes, as well as on the Eastern Front.

Can't tell, 100%, since there's no photo, but it appears that the Winter Gear MG team may be firing from a tripod, based upon the description, and number included in the pack, so perhaps they're already done.

The MG42 teams can also be used for very early Bundeswehr, from the 1950s, who used surplus MG42s, and/or identical looking MG3s, and old WWII style German helmets for a time, in the 1950s, before switching over to American M1 helmets.  They also wore lovely, WWII style, camo'd uniforms too, and carried FN rifles, so Argentine Falklands troops can be used for the rest of the West German squads now.

All will go nicely with some of the existing vehicle from Pendraken, for early Bundeswehr units, e.g. M41, M47, and M48 tanks, and M113 APCs, to fend off attacks by Soviet and Warsaw Pact T-54/T-55s, PT-76s, and other communist armor.  M7 Priests from WWII can also be pressed into service, as well as M42 Dusters too, to outfit your units.  Always nice to get more bang for your buck, and double use from your miniatures, for various theaters, and/or wars, when you can.

Mako

Wow, amazed I'm the only one who wants these.  Would have thought there was more interest in them,   ;)

At least the poor chap who wants the Char Flamm has me beat for views, and no responses.

Dr Dave

I took a British army veteran who served from August 44 in an infantry platoon to see his old firearms. He never saw an MG34 - ever. When I showed him a real one he didn't even know what it was. He immediately recognised the MG42! His platoon had a few, but had to had to dump them. Their sound at night made the neighbours think that Jerry was attacking.

Ithoriel

I don't like prone figures. I'd prefer moving teams to prone ones.

Frankly at 10mm scale the difference between MG34s and MG42s is a matter of no importance to me.

I wouldn't have thought these were mainstream views ... but maybe they are?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

I'm not sure in 10mm there is much real difference between MG34 and MG42
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 July 2017, 04:49:14 PM
I don't like prone figures. I'd prefer moving teams to prone ones.

Frankly at 10mm scale the difference between MG34s and MG42s is a matter of no importance to me.

I wouldn't have thought these were mainstream views ... but maybe they are?

Don't want to worry you - but I agree with you.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dr Dave

I snipped off the tripod MG42 barrels and replaced them with round cross section plastic rod. I filed a recess near the end of the barrel. Hey presto MG34s for my DAK !!!

But I too don't like prone figures.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!