Blitzkrieg Commander III at the printers!

Started by Leon, 25 March 2017, 12:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

How about rules and starter force for 60 squids?  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zbigniew

So when? My wallet is ready. :-w

Please release the rules fast because its spring and my garden expenses can rapidly consume my budget  (with a little help from my spouse)  :)

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 27 March 2017, 09:03:49 AM
How about rules and starter force for 60 squids?  ;)

We'll have a show offer in place hopefully, but we've not worked up the packaged armies just yet so I'm not sure on the pricing levels.  That offer wouldn't be on the website though unfortnuately, as it would mix VAT and non-VAT items and wouldn't work with the website coding. 

Quote from: Zbigniew on 27 March 2017, 10:07:21 AM
So when? My wallet is ready. :-w

;)

Quote from: Leon on 25 March 2017, 12:45:23 AM
... planned release at the Salute show on 22nd April.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ronan

Quote from: Leon on 27 March 2017, 12:29:50 AM
I was thinking about the £25 mark, maybe with a pre-order deal for the launch.

£25 is 28.9 € (today), that would be ok for me ( ie. ~ 30.00€ with postage etc. )

Now : WHEN ?
:D

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

General Bt Sherman

Great news, you can put me down for a pre order.
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Le Manchou

i might be interested too, if someone knows the two systems, what are the differences between BKCIII and Spearhead?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

toxicpixie

Very different - BKC uses a Warmaster-ish command system - each group of bases (one tank model/4-5 infantry figures on a base is one platoon) is under a HQ stand which has a Command Value. Roll under the CV, get an action (usually move or fire). Keep going till you fail, or switch the HQ to commanding a different group. Each base can take a certain number of hits and can also be suppressed; hits come off at the end of the turn (so you have to stack up enough fire to drop a stand in one turn) but suppression's only come off at the end of your turn.

It's a buckets of d6 for fire - each base rolls X number of dice against armoured, Y number against soft targets depending on weapon (eg early British Cruisers might be 3 dice versus hard targets, only 1 dice versus soft - no HE ammo, low amount of MGs etc), the target then rolls any saves, and the remainder is knocked off their hits for the turn and when their hits reach zero they go. The more hits you get, the more chance of suppression as well.

It's a "lower level" more grainy system than Spearhead, and the awkwardness and friction of plan versus reality versus enemy is generated from the command rolls instead of via a fixed plan - better armies have higher CV's and more flexible commanders, so will likely get more orders out and therefore their troops do more, as well as being able to "chop and change" which HQ is ordering what more easily (if at all).

TBH the friction it generates through the command system is likely as effective a way of representing the chaos & confusion inherent in combat as any, but it's not always to everyone's cup of meat :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Le Manchou

Sounds very interesting thanks! I suppose I will wait for Ronan to try out the rules next winter. I was thinking about playing SL/ASL with miniatures and already have a lot of platoons for chain of command, plus I often play Tide of Iron. So it's a lot of WW2 rules but not at this level of command.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Ben Waterhouse

Marvellous! The worst thing I ever did was flog my previous Commander sets
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Dazza

cant wait to start using these and would be great to play a few games, work depending :)

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Kiwidave

Will you have a distributor on this half of the planet, or will us ANZACs need to order direct form Pendraken HQ?

Leon

30 March 2017, 02:36:56 PM #28 Last Edit: 30 March 2017, 03:01:54 PM by Leon
Quote from: Kiwidave on 29 March 2017, 10:21:18 PM
Will you have a distributor on this half of the planet, or will us ANZACs need to order direct form Pendraken HQ?

At the moment it's likely to be ordering directly.  We've had enquiries from Aus/NZ over the years but the shipping costs have always been too expensive to make it worthwhile for stockists.

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN