Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Nicely done, Leman. Cripes! They've got mustaches! And singing Die Wacht am Rhein looks like. You are definitely moving into WI territory with your theatrical staging and pics.  :-bd =D>
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leman

A couple of FPW command base vignettes just completed. First is the Prussian army command. The king is given information by a general, whilst von Moltke interviews a visiting Bavarian general. An aide from the Guards waits patiently to deliver a message just handed to him by the mounted infantry officer in the background. Two general officers, feeling the chill in the early morning air, discuss the impending battle by surveying the field with map and binoculars. Meanwhile, the king's breakfast table awaits:

Secondly a corps command base. this one doesn't have any Pendraken figures on it:

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Nice.

I like that first, Prussian SYW unit w. battalion gun
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Westmarcher

Very imaginative, Andy. In the last pic, the figure style reminds me of 28mm Elite Miniatures(!). In the process of reading through BBB just now so all helping to rejuvenate interest in the FPW. Away to dig out my Osprey copy of Gravelotte-St.Privat now (OK, not the best account but it's all I've got). :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Have you not got a copy of David Ascoli's 'Day of Battle.' It is a blow by blow account of Mars la Tours, but then goes on to give a very good account of Gravelotte St Privat. There are masses of photographs taken around the battlefields by the author.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno