Changes between BKC II and BKC III

Started by ColCampbell, 27 March 2017, 12:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColCampbell

Now that BKC III is at the printer and presumably the text is "frozen" I believe that it is time Leon tells use what is different or has been changed from BKC II to BKC III similar to what Pete Jones did when he issued BKC II.  I think this will encourage more BKC II players to plonk down the money to buy the new , and hopefully improved, BKC III.

So how about it, Leon?  Are you up to the challenge?   ;)

Thanks,

Jim
Jim

"And all will turn to silver glass
 A light on the water
 Grey ships pass into the west."

Leon

Quote from: ColCampbell on 27 March 2017, 12:54:05 AM
So how about it, Leon?  Are you up to the challenge?   ;)

Right now, no.    :D  

I've spent the best part of 3 months looking at several different versions of the text, amendments, tweaks, rewrites, so to be honest I've lost track of exactly what's changed myself (beyond the main stuff).  I will be putting together a list ready for Salute though, rather than have to explain them to each person individually when the stand is packed with customers.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ColCampbell

Leon,

That is all I was asking, a list of changes.  I hope that you will also offer it as a free download here so those of us from "across the pond" can gain access to it.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim

"And all will turn to silver glass
 A light on the water
 Grey ships pass into the west."

Chieftain

Leon will be releasing something more formal in good time, but just to give you a bit of an ad hoc overview on "changes".

Generally, BkCIII sticks very closely to BkCII, with a bit of a refresh on the text.  All the core elements remain in the game and everything should run pretty much the way it always has.

Things that you may find work slightly differently (to achieve the same outcome) include:

"Scale" - established at "1 base = 1 platoon": this is important to remember to understand some of the other tweaks
Close assault (steamlined)
Off-table support (streamlined)
Terrain (movement and cover) revamped

Basic actions now set out in defined "actions"
Recce actions (streamlined)
Engineering actions (steamlined)

Unit abilities including profiles revamped
Exceptions and special rules extracted into formal "special abilities" for units

If you know and love BkCII, then BkCIII should hopefully feel familiar but fresh.
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Leon

Quote from: ColCampbell on 27 March 2017, 03:10:19 PM
That is all I was asking, a list of changes.  I hope that you will also offer it as a free download here so those of us from "across the pond" can gain access to it.

No worries, didn't mean to sound abrupt in my first reply!  As Chieftain says, we'll be putting together a list for folks to look through, should be in the next week or two, once we've got a finalised delivery date for the rules and can start taking pre-orders for them.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!