My Ethiopians and their enemies (28mm)

Started by lowlylowlycook, 19 March 2017, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Decided to go with the people at Eureka since they should know Australians

Did a head swap on one and converted an Owen gun to a Bren.

I could really use some more lightly equipped soldiers throwing grenades.  Also maybe a class on how to sculpt bare feet out of boots.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Looking forward to seeing how these progress
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

A quick test so that I can maybe hand off some of these Australians to my nephew with some instructions on how to paint.

I kind of like the buff with a bit of Khacki that I put on his shirt  over the Iraqi Sand that I used on his trousers.  In both cases I used a diluted sepia wash from Reaper.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Steve J

Very nice but it can't be easy to aim that gun with the magazine right in your line of sight!

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

lowlylowlycook

OK, looking more at Gideon Force, Mission 101 or whatever you want to call it, I'm going to need some Sudanese from the Frontier Battalion. 

Dolled up for inspection.

Not as pretty but still on parade.

I'll have to look through some books for some more pics.

As far as I know, no one makes WW2 era Sudanese but Warlord just put out plastic 8th army with Indian heads. The Sikh beards are a bit much but I think we can work with the other turbans.   Sadly, they somehow didn't put on a grenade throwing arm and Gideon Force was all about sneaking up at night and throwing grenades into Italian positions.
This is what I have so far

Warlord's new plastics have most of the weapons and arms cast together.  That's much easier but doesn't make for a lot of ways to pose grenade throwers.  Also need to work out a relatively easy way to convert them to puttees.

Techno

Hmmmm. :-\

Short of using a burr to take away the 'top layer' on the upper part of the boots......putting on a thinnish skin of green stuff over the 'burred', area and then detailing it with a few 'lines', nothing instantly springs to mind, Cookie.

Could be a mind numbing task if you've got lots to do.

Cheers - Phil

lowlylowlycook

An attempt to paint on puttees after carving away the more prominent buts of sock.