My Ethiopians and their enemies (28mm)

Started by lowlylowlycook, 19 March 2017, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Got some more paint on the second batch of Kagnews.  I think they are basically ready for a wash.

I also remembered to do their bases before I got to their boots.  Also forgot that some were on temp bases just for painting until I got the spackle on.

What should I use for antennas.  Are guitar strings the standard?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nylon Brush bristle work well, as does fishing line.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

And the brush bristle is already black :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

lowlylowlycook

Did some washes and highlighted the skin:

Then I redid the bases to repair the grit that wasn't sticking so well.  Also based the mortar and the MG teams.

That second pic didn't turn out so well but since I just varnished them, it's too late to take another.

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Gah!  I was just googling because I couldn't find the Ethiopians in sun hats that I was pretty sure were from Empress when I found another company that does 28mm Ethiopians (and Italians).

Anyone ever hear of "Cibo's Little Dudes"?  Their pics seem to be of greenstuff added to pre cast dollies which isn't easy for me to get a read on. 

I guess I should just order some.  I mean if they are charging in Swiss Franks they should be very precisely cast, right?

toxicpixie

Not seen them before, bit the non-green stuff piccies look very good! Can't make much of the green stuff ones on the phone screen but what I can see does look very nice...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

lowlylowlycook

And ordered...

In my defense, they had Alpini, some guys that might be Dubats and of course yet more Ethiopians.   What was I supposed to do?

Roy

Cracking good photos. The figures aren't bad, either  :-bd
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

toxicpixie

Take one for the team, LLC, and let us know what they're like when they arrive!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

lowlylowlycook

Yeah, the Penne di Falcos should really be in this thread, I guess.

Finished up most of the base coating then added and repaired feathers.  Also use some nail clippers to trim down the existing feathers.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!