My Ethiopians and their enemies (28mm)

Started by lowlylowlycook, 19 March 2017, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Thanks guys. 

Even with the inspiration of the Kentucky Derby, I somehow managed to avoid finishing off the Penne di Falcos and worked on the Kagnews instead.

Decided against going insane and instead decided to break up to 30 minis into manageable groups to finish them off.  Here with the webbing painted and a wash applied to it and the uniforms

With some non-green paint applied these guys are starting to look better, IMO.

After a few washes, I'll have to move on to dealing with hemets.  Helmets that still have mold lines...

lowlylowlycook

I think these are done except for the helmet straps.

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

lowlylowlycook

Matt spray didn't end up working great on these guys.  Tried both W&N and Dull Cote

But I got some reinforcements from BTD.

The guys without helmets have hair that will work for the Kagnews.

lowlylowlycook

Someone requested a demo game of Bolt Action so I decided to bring a bunch of my terrain to the FLGS and we had a 1935 Ethiopian vs. Kagnew Battle. 

Amazingly I remembered to take some pre game pics but unsurprisingly I forgot to take any after that.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

lowlylowlycook

Got to painting again.  Decided to do up some Ethiopian cavalry.  Figs are either Somalis from Copplestone or Abyssinians from   Castaway.  One or two Sudanese from Perry as well.

Some horses are mostly done

Just started the riders plus some bonus figs (the Askari were hiding in a box when they should have been painted).  The women are female civilians from Eureka's Indian range.

Techno

As usual......Looking very nice, indeed.

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Roy

Blooming 'eck. What a brilliant thread! Great stuff  =D> =D> =D>
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}