Great stuff

Although I can't help but think Indiana Jones should be in here some where  :D
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

toxicpixie

Very tasty! The Italian armour and the basing especially :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

lowlylowlycook

Some Askari got based.

Here is something I'm pondering.  These are the Italian mortar crew I have.

I kind of love them but they don't have sun helmets and it doesn't seem like a trivial head swap. 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Add some feathers?
Artillery being cautious?
Artillery were a separate branch from the army, so had different helmets.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

In their Anglo Zulu War range Empire also have

ZWA7 10 Brit heads

Possible head swap material?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

lowlylowlycook

Based some Bersaglieri from Askari Miniatures.

And here are some previously finished Ethiopian regulars.  I think both from Askari and Empress.

Techno

sunjester

lowlylowlycook

Just got a shipment of Ethiopians and Italians from Castaway Arts in Australia.    Obviously I calmly filed away the box because it would be tragic to get sidetracked when these Italians are getting close to finished.

I mean, it doesn't take too long to base these guys lemmy had a great idea of turning the mortar crew to Bersalieri...

Oooooh!  Shiiiiny!

Here is an 19th Century Penne di Falco.

I think that making some for the 20th century is going to take some conversions.  I'm sure I'll bring it up again, later.

lowlylowlycook

Some Italians with goggles.

Some previously finished Ethiopians with shammas and traditional weapons.  I don't have many of these finished yet because 1) I wasn't too convinced by the army lists idea that a lot of Ethiopians were fighting without rifles.  2)I had an idea that these could be used for both Bolt Action and Kings of War by having essentially sabot bases that also had minis glued directly on.  I've decided that even if Ethiopians set out with rifles, their age, various calibers, poor supplies of ammo, etc., perhaps not being able to shoot it isn't so unrealistic and also that it would be best to do Kings of War with full unit basing. 

Anyway for whatever reason most that are done seem to be the Perry Sudanese with some Askari and Empress mixed in.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

lowlylowlycook

Finished up some Italian officers and also some Italians I put in black leggings so they could be identified as Blackshirts.  For some reason I also painted their shoulder tabs which basically marks them as officers if I recall.

Also made some progress on some weapons crews and assorted odds and ends that weren't based previously.

And now we get to the part where it becomes more and more obvious that I'm new to historical minis.  Here are my Imperial Guard

I'm pretty sure that they should be in khaki but in my defense 1)khaki is boring and since the army is unofficial, I wanted it to be easy for an opponent to be able to distinguish various units 2) I vaguely remember seeing a march past on youtube with the IG wearing green (postwar?) 3) I was testing a few colors and this looked good 4) The Ethiopian IG in Civ V wear green.

Techno

Very nice, once again !  8)

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!