Which German flag?

Started by Leon, 19 March 2017, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which German flag should be used for the German army lists in the new BKCIII rules?

Iron Cross Emblem
12 (63.2%)
Pre-War National Flag used until 1935
0 (0%)
Unofficial Flag with emblem
1 (5.3%)
Made up Iron Cross Flag
6 (31.6%)
Post-War Flag
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: 22 March 2017, 09:54:45 PM

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Strange - but for once you are correct. The Finnish one did as well. We cant use the 33-45 German flag because it's illegal in FGR and Austria.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 18 May 2017, 10:44:01 AM
Strange - but for once you are correct. IanS

I nearly fainted !

Me......Something 'historical' right ?

Cheers - Phil

fred.

The problem with putting the swastika on books or models, is that it immediately makes them illegal in Germany. So its not political correctness its about not shutting yourself out of a market due to their laws.

Yes there is a line between covering something up, and pretending it didn't happen. But my understanding is that the German law is to cover specific symbols that had the potential to act as rallying points for reformed Nazi groups. Of course all they have done is create variants that aren't covered in the law.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Schlesien

18 May 2017, 07:09:53 PM #33 Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 07:11:56 PM by Schlesien
+1 for Grumpy.  Woops, old March poll.

Quote from: Techno on 18 May 2017, 11:29:25 AM
Something 'historical' right ?

I know - I've seen your sculpts  :D :D :D ;)

IanS

Techno

Westmarcher

Quote from: ianrs54 on 18 May 2017, 10:44:01 AM
Strange - but for once you are correct. The Finnish one did as well.

IanS

Don't know if he is (sorry, Phil).  :P

Fondly recalling my visit to the Carlsberg brewery in Denmark in the 70's, there were four stone elephants with swastikas at the main gate which pre-date the Nazi party and have the arms pointing in the same direction. I've always harboured a certain yearning to go back there (they had free samples at the end of the tour!  =P~ ) but, alas, I've just read that the original brewery closed in 2008.  :'(

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/elephant-gate   
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Where the Elephants pink ?

mollinary

It occurs in both forms from the earliest times, and pretty well world wide, from Japan and India to Western Europe and Ancient Greece and Rome, also (I think) Norse and Celtic art.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 May 2017, 10:00:37 AM
Where the Elephants pink ?

Where are elephants pink?

I didn't wish to get too close to investigate in case I was trampled by a very indignant pachyderm.

p.s. I knew you meant 'were' - answer is unfortunately 'no,' because I was under age at the time and so compelled to behave myself (and it was 1969 and not the seventies as first recalled).  ;)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.