Which Humber?

Started by Sunray, 12 March 2017, 11:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I am sourcing Humbers for my 1960s bush war.   Pendraken have two models - the older BR178 (described as a Mk IV), and the new BR61 (described as a MkII/III).

Are there any differences in the optics ? Is the newer model a little larger ?   Do they jar when placed side by side?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Humber Mk I-III had a 15mm Besa, the Mk IV a US 37mm. I'd use the latter. If you want a hypothetical the hull should fit a Scimitar/Scorpion turret pretty well. Did that with a Hasegwa and Airfix turret years ago. 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: ianrs54 on 12 March 2017, 12:51:28 PM
Humber Mk I-III had a 15mm Besa, the Mk IV a US 37mm. I'd use the latter. If you want a hypothetical the hull should fit a Scimitar/Scorpion turret pretty well. Did that with a Hasegwa and Airfix turret years ago. 

Thanks Ian.  I would prefer the Mk IV as it (a) has more bang for the buck and (b) was around the Third World armies until early 70s.  But the crux is the Pendraken model. Is the newer BR61 a more optical match on the table alongside the new Pendraken Ferret and Soviet kit?? If new  model is a better fit, it will be upgunned by my own field workshop (they get a lot done despite endless cups of tea ! )  Not their fault they were sculpted that way! (BR180)

They  have already married the Scimitar/Scorpion turret up with WW2 Pendraken   Daimler - looks and works well.

Sunray

Just checked the old posts of kit release and find to my delight that both Humbers are revamped.  Jolly good.  :-bd  The Mk IV it is.

Leon

Yep, all the Humbers are new models so no worries there.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 13 March 2017, 08:48:01 PM
Yep, all the Humbers are new models so no worries there.

8)

Second order of the month going to Pendraken.

Sunray

Paypal open - Orders away ! 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Sunray

Yo !  Humbers have arrived along with BTR152s and a few French R/Os who are going to serve in a Soviet client Arab state,  North Coryria   
Just awaiting Timecast Soviet mortars - Is it me or are those 120mm tubes cast a bit short ?

A few days of frenzied painting before the Easter Bush War game.   Can we still call it the Easter Game ? Or will it go the same way as a certain chocolate egg?

toxicpixie

So, did you get an Easter egg game, or was it cremed?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting