At last good news for Boro fans

Started by Sandinista, 18 October 2010, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Dazza on 26 October 2010, 06:25:30 PM

I agree Leon, ppl should not be allowed in to watch that shower....................   :d

=O =O =O =O =O =O

Have we ever found out who your team is?!  I'm sure you're hiding that info so that we can't give you any stick...

Is it Liverpool?  I got my girlfriend some Liverpool FC underwear recently... two yanks and they're down...

Is it Utd?  I hear that Manchester brothels have recently agreed a five year contract with a local businessman...

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Well done Mogga.... now you see the size of the task ahead of you.

>:(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...they should be wargamers  ;) :P

Megamatman

Quote from: nikharwood on 30 October 2010, 05:46:58 PM
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...they should be wargamers  ;) :P

doh!
Megamatman

goat major

i'm glad i spent the afternoon painting Necrons .....  :(
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

goat major

get your cut out and keep Mogga spacehelmet here. http://videos.icnetwork.co.uk/gazettelive2/moggamoonmask.jpg

the Gazette at the leading edge of quality journalism again......

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: goat major on 01 November 2010, 03:43:10 PM
get your cut out and keep Mogga spacehelmet here. http://videos.icnetwork.co.uk/gazettelive2/moggamoonmask.jpg

the Gazette at the leading edge of quality journalism again......

sighs... who comes up with this crap?

Why not get MFC to actually try and create a proper atmosphere, by removing bans on bringing 'non-fire resistant banners', making noise, drinking, moving, singing, sleeping, eating and breathing.  That would be a step forward.

I was watching the Stoke vs Man U game the other week, and I was actually jealous of just how much noise the Stoke fans create.  For the first ten minutes of the game, they booed every Utd touch, and cheered every Stoke touch.  And not just a few of them, every single person in the stadium.  Now that's an atmosphere.

Sandinista

we've been going backwards for 5 years, the year we got to UEFA final we only just stayed up. It is difficult to remain cheerful at games when we very rarely win. I don't blame Southgate, McClaren or Strachan, Gibson has been cutting costs and this is where we end up. We have very little debt now I am told, but I don't think Gibson is prepared to invest any more on the scale he did in the Robson era. Sadly unless a team has a maga rich backer who is prepared to take on the debt, getting promoted and avoiding relegation is the best to hope for, which again expains why atmosphere is lacking.

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 01 November 2010, 07:18:51 PM
we've been going backwards for 5 years, the year we got to UEFA final we only just stayed up. It is difficult to remain cheerful at games when we very rarely win. I don't blame Southgate, McClaren or Strachan, Gibson has been cutting costs and this is where we end up. We have very little debt now I am told, but I don't think Gibson is prepared to invest any more on the scale he did in the Robson era. Sadly unless a team has a maga rich backer who is prepared to take on the debt, getting promoted and avoiding relegation is the best to hope for, which again expains why atmosphere is lacking.

Yeah, the general state of the team, and us being effectively spoiled over the previous decade, has meant a lethargy has crept into the fanbase.  But when you look at the fanatically supported teams around us, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Sheffield, why do their fans stick with them and ours jump ship?  Leeds were still getting 20k+ fans a week in League 1, we have a bad run and we drop to under 15k.  There's a lot of factors involved, but at times it seems like we shoot ourselves in the foot when it comes to making the fans feel welcome at the stadium.

Sandinista

Look at the size of the other teams catchment areas we are about 3-400,000 yet all the others are between 3 and 5 times the size. Also teesside has never fully recovered from the recessions of the 80's and 90's all those cities have had lots of finance pumped there way. We do well for the size of the area with our economics, as you say we were spoilt in the 90's

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 02 November 2010, 03:28:19 PM
Look at the size of the other teams catchment areas we are about 3-400,000 yet all the others are between 3 and 5 times the size. Also teesside has never fully recovered from the recessions of the 80's and 90's all those cities have had lots of finance pumped there way. We do well for the size of the area with our economics, as you say we were spoilt in the 90's

Yeah, you're right about the economic problems the area has faced/is facing, but there are an awful lot of Boro fans who are fickle and turn their back on the team after one bad result.  That doesn't seem to be the way with other teams.  Hull has a similar catchment to us, and they're still pulling 20k+ per week.  We've actually got the second lowest % of seats filled in the league, only 50% of the stadium filled on average.

Now, I've got to admit that I rarely go to the games, but that's mainly because of work.  Last year I went to a couple of mid-week games, and the away trip to Plymouth, so maybe some people would say I don't have the right to complain about other fans?

nikharwood

05 November 2010, 10:45:18 PM #26 Last Edit: 05 November 2010, 10:47:35 PM by nikharwood
Quote from: Leon on 02 November 2010, 04:06:50 PM
Last year I went to...the away trip to Plymouth

Get on, you Janner  8)

Did I mention that [in my spare time] I'm a University College Tutor for University College Plymouth (Marjon)? Not that I speak like that or anything seeing as how I was born in Chelsea  :) ;) 8)

Dazza

07 November 2010, 07:44:53 PM #27 Last Edit: 07 November 2010, 07:46:52 PM by Dazza
Quote from: Leon on 26 October 2010, 07:13:14 PM
Have we ever found out who your team is?!

yup I told you before, when Nik said I had the blues from no ECL footy, yet tonite i'm quite happy and seems Nik has the Blues :)  [ 2- 0 ( Torres ) ]

ENJOY THE GOALS - >> CLICK <<

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

nikharwood

Shocking...I'd just like to know on which planet does it make sense to put Drogba on the bench for an away game at Anfield? Stoopid...stoopid... :(