QRF 15mm Modern French Desert Force

Started by bigjackmac, 08 March 2017, 06:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Moving on to my next set of Modern troops, I'd previously completed a French force in Woodland camo, ready for worldwide deployment.  Here are their counterparts, prepared for action in the more hot and dusty locales.  The vast majority of this force is from QRF, though there are a few Peter Pig guys thrown in at the end (because they're wearing berets, and I wanted some guys wearing berets).

The whole force, a platoon, of thirty-two men from seven different QRF packs (Leaders, Riflemen firing, Riflemen moving, Riflemen with FELIN, AT4s, SAWs, and Snipers) and one Peter Pig pack.  I painted them with a bit of variation: the base uniform, if you will, is the French desert camo uniform with desert camo helmet cover and desert boots.  But looking at images online, I found quite a few photos of places such as Mali and Afghanistan, that showed French troops with Woodland camo blouses (with desert camo trousers), Woodland camo helmet covers, helmets without helmet covers, and black boots.  So I mixed all of that in quite liberally to give the troops that 'lived in' look.  Of course, they all get my standard desert basing.

A cool pose, trooper standing by with FAMAS, AT-4 slung over one shoulder.  The guy on left has woodland cammie blouse over desert trousers, the guy on right has full desert uniform.  To see more pics, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/03/qrf-15mm-modern-french-desert-force.html

More to follow.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac