rubbish package delivery (not pendraken!!)

Started by petercooman, 08 March 2017, 09:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Just had the most stupid experience with DPD.

Package delivery at my place, opened the door and delivery man was already walking back to his ride. said i can't give it to you anymore, already scanned it, can't undo it. he just put it back in his ride

really? the online tracker didn't work either. What rubbish software must they be using on their scanners, that they can't undo a choice that they clicked 5 seconds ago. hope they never accidentally click the wrong button or they will be in trouble.

Techno

:o :o :o :o :o

Sounds like something out of a not very funny comedy sketch.
Unbelievable.  =)

A short (but polite) phone call to head office to ask "What on Earth is THIS all about, then ?"
I assume they'll re-deliver it tomorrow, Peter ?
What a farce !

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Already sent an e-mail to their customer service.

Must note that i am not cross with the delivery man himself though, was a polite chap, and even showed me on his scanner that it really didn't work. He said it 'resets' after an hour, and that he will be able to scan it then. Will make a stop this afternoon on his way back to the depot.

Still i can't understand why he cannot just give me that package and correct the status on his scanner. I know someone who works for UPS, and they have long workdays for a not so super wage, and it just bothers me that a ridiculous thing like that means more work for the courier and frustration on my part (package contains some rather expensive stuff, from a model railroad shop, and i really don't like that it has to be thrown in and out of a van again for no reason)

It just feels like the guy is working with a keyboard without a backspace really!

d_Guy

Not familiar with DPD and had to look it up. Thier technology and policies don't seem to mesh with long term survival in a highly competitive global business. Possibly their driver was poorly trained?
Sleep with clean hands ...

petercooman

Not being rude or something, but their driver was not properly trained in our nativ language.

Maybe that was a hurdle, maybe not.

As i Said, he was politie and did his best so no hard feelings, but the situation itself was absurd.

He did return in the afternoon though,  so i have My stuff . My point is that It's a situation that should not present itself. You paid for the delivery, You paid for the stuff in that package, You are standing face To face, package in his hand, and he tells You You have To collect It the next dat from a delivery point because he already hit a button on his scanner.

Now we were Both reasonable and worked It out, but i think It's a situation that should not present itself

Wulf

We get DPD delivering stuff to our office every day, almost, and both regular drivers are entirely helpful (and one brings his French Bulldog called Henry with him and he's even more welcome...) But when the second chap started he was very nervoius over procedure and likewise was ready to run off if we couldn't sign immediately. It must be the way they're trained to timetables. Once they settle in they relax a bit.

Heedless Horseman

The other week a Hermes guy left a package at front door. No note. If I hadn't checked emails saying 'delivery made' that night, the item, (about £30 and not plastic wrapped), would have been in the rain all afternoon, and all next day until I may have noticed it when getting milk in late evening...or not. And weather was wet.
Post Office has always been very good...and nice guys, too. However, recently one bloke has taken to ringing the bell and running away after leaving a package. We might not hear bell and though he may have thought decrepit mother has seen him, she is partly blind. I think this used to be contrary to regulation, but not going to report him. Not his fault if he's getting pressured to complete round...and then be tasked with other work.
Business Efficiencies are NOT beneficial to customer.   :(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)