PrintableScenery.com kickstarter - Time Warp. 3D printable scenery

Started by cbr3d.com, 06 March 2017, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Am I alone in suspecting that the bank and the prison would have been among the first brick buildings in town?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

An interesting comment in the first video, 6 hours to print the trebuchet at 0.1 resolution (highest) :o :o :o :-w :-w :-w

Still faster than having something shipped ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

cbr3d.com

Quote from: FierceKitty on 09 March 2017, 12:44:08 AM
Am I alone in suspecting that the bank and the prison would have been among the first brick buildings in town?

I think you are most probably right in towns where civic organisation was high, though I suspect that quite often in small towns the 'prison' or 'jail' would just have been a convenient room with perhaps a 'cage' of some sort, in any room in an existing building including wooden ones.  The same I think would also be applied to the first local 'Banks', which would initially consist of a 'safe' within an existing building, which most probably then would become a 'safe in a strong room' and then a stone or brick building would develope as time went on.

But yes I think they would likely be among the first brick buildings in most towns which developed past the initial stages of development.   :)

Quote from: paulr on 09 March 2017, 02:26:03 AM
An interesting comment in the first video, 6 hours to print the trebuchet at 0.1 resolution (highest) :o :o :o :-w :-w :-w

Still faster than having something shipped ;)

I think (but don't 'know') what Matt was referring to was the normal quality settings advised for the Prusa i3 printer, the normal advised settings for which are 0.4 (protptype), 0.2 (normal), and 0.1 (fine) settings, although the Prusa i3 can print at 0.05 resolution.  

A quick rule of thumb for working out time to print is to say that for every halving of resolution doubles the print time and conversly every doubling of print resolution halves the print time.  It is always a balance between the two.  Most people who print with the Prusa i3 or buy prints made from with that printer are more than happy with 0.1 resolution prints.  

Of course there are printers that can print with finer resolutions, for example we also use a bank of Cel-Robox 3D printers for printing finer 0.02 - 0.05 resolutions.

Also a quick heads up here.  Yesterday I found out that next Tuesday (14th February) in the UK on IdealWorld.tv (TV shopping station) at 9pm they are selling the Colido Compact 3d printer, I think this normally retails around the £400 mark.  Now normally they offer 2, 3, or 4 monthly payment options (they call it 'Flexi-Pay' I think) on such items so this may be an option for people to get a low cost 3d printer to try it out.  PLEASE NOTE THOUGH, THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION OF THE 'COLIDO COMPACT' 3D PRINTER AS I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY USED THIS MODEL OR MAKE.

cbr3d.com

Stretch goal #11, the 'Log Cabin' looks like it is unlocked as the pledge level has just passed NZ $60,000.   :nod:

Next stretch goal at NZ$65,000 is 'Castle Ruins (Walls, Battlements and Floors).

Earlier today Matt at PrintableScenery.com posted the following:

"I have set up a time to do a live feed via Kickstarter. If you have any questions about the new Rampage Castle, Time Warp or anything else related to our 3D models or '3d printing in general' please join in.

https://live.kickstarter.com/printable-scenery/live/time-warp-3d-printed-scenery-kickstarter-update

LOS ANGELES, United States, California
2:00p Sun, Mar 12 2017
3:00p Sun, Mar 12 2017

NEW YORK, United States, New York
5:00p Sun, Mar 12 2017
6:00p Sun, Mar 12 2017

LONDON, United Kingdom, England
9:00p Sun, Mar 12 2017
10:00p Sun, Mar 12 2017
"

I have checked with Matt and he confirms that non-backers are also welcome, so may well be a chance for those interested in the subject but not yet presently backing to get a better understanding of the subject and gather news and views from 'the horses mouth' as it were.  Just click on the link above and register to take part.

cbr3d.com

Matt from PrintableScenery.com is on this weeks BeastsOf War.com Weekender podcast:

https://youtu.be/CmcATMEmF20?t=3168

They start talking about PrintableScenery.com @ 51.56 minutes into the show. ;)

Still over 8 days to go of tthe kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/time-warp-rampage-castle-europe-and-the-americas/description

Also Matt has just announced the 'Catapult' has been added as another FREE bonus item! 

cbr3d.com

The 12th stretch goal, 'Castle Ruins - Walls, Battlements, and Floors' has just been unlocked. 

Next stretch goal is 'The Farm with outbuildings' at NZ $70,000.   

Here are some more pictures of the 'Time Warp - The Americas' Bank (already unlocked) I have managed to find:

(The buildings from the 'Time Warp - The Americas' range would could be great for some ACW theatres.

Also just 22 hours until Matt from PrintableScenery.com holds a live kickstarter feed for anyone with questions about the new Rampage Castle, Time Warp or anything else related to our 3D models or '3d printing in general' please join in.  (I have been told you do not have to be a backer to take part.) 

The link to register to take part is:

https://live.kickstarter.com/printable-scenery/live/time-warp-3d-printed-scenery-kickstarter-update

LOS ANGELES, United States, California
2:00pm Sun, Mar 12 2017
3:00pm Sun, Mar 12 2017

NEW YORK, United States, New York
5:00pm Sun, Mar 12 2017
6:00pm Sun, Mar 12 2017

LONDON, United Kingdom, England
9:00pm Sun, Mar 12 2017
10:00pm Sun, Mar 12 2017

cbr3d.com

Matt from PrintableScenery.com has just done a 'Kickstarter Live Feed', you can watch a reply here:

https://live.kickstarter.com/printable-scenery/live-stream/time-warp-3d-printed-scenery-kickstarter-update

Still a whole week to go in the kickstarter and approaching the 13th stretch goal. 

cbr3d.com

The 13th stretch goal 'The Farm' is unlocked.

Next up at NZ $75,000 is 'The Miners Shack' from the 'Time Warp - Americas' range.  (Should look really good for some ACW western theatre tables in 10mm.  ;)  )

Also on the PrintableScenery.com website is a 'sign up' form for the PrintableScenery.com newsletter:

http://www.printablescenery.com/newsletter/

The newsletter is listed as will be containing the following:

- Free Models
- Tips and tricks on 3d printing
- Latest file updates
- Special offers on 3D printers and filament

With 6 days still to go (it finishes at midnight on Sunday, UK time) this is still on track for being their most successful crowd funding project to date.   

Link to the kickstarter is:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/time-warp-rampage-castle-europe-and-the-americas/description

cbr3d.com

Matt at PrintableScenery.com has announced another Bonus Item, a Battering Ram!

This means that the free Bobus items now include a Ballista, a Catapult, and the new Battering Ram.

In Update #11 Matt also says " I think that we need one more siege engine, and this time something big ! "  The betting within the backer community in the comments is that it will be a 'Siege Tower'.  (Some glimpses of it may just have been visible over Matt's shoulder in the recent Kickstarter 'Live Feed' - viewable on replay at: 
https://live.kickstarter.com/printable-scenery/live-stream/time-warp-3d-printed-scenery-kickstarter-update .  )

With just under 5 days to go the 'Miners Shack' is, at the time of writing, just NZ$742 away from being unlocked.

After the Miners Shack that unlocks at NZ $75,000 the remaining listed stretch goals are:

- NZ $80,000 'Advanced Wooden Stairways'
- NZ $85,000 'The Stone Barn'
- NZ $90,000 'Rundown Store / Jail'
- NZ $95,000 'Operational Drawbridge'

Also announced is that either one or both ships from previous crowdfunding campaigns will be added ('The Frigate' and the 'Viking Long Boat') as an 'add-on' for those who missed the opportunity of acquiring previously.

Few are doubting that all the present stretch goals will now be unlocked, and even possibly more stretch goals announced over the last few days remaining.

cbr3d.com

The 'Miners Shack' is unlocked. 

Now with still 87 hours to go the 'Advanced Wooden Stairways' is just NZ$530 away from being unlocked.

Matt at PrintableScenery.com has put up the Demogorgon as a freebie download on their website ( http://www.printablescenery.com/product/the-demogorgon/ ).

The kickstarter link is:

pierre the shy

Quote from: Paulbam on 29 May 2022, 04:13:21 AMprice of clomid

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

seriously don't follow the link above its spam (I didn't!!) O:-)  :)

Reported.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Leon

QuoteSPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

seriously don't follow the link above its spam (I didn't!!) O:-)  :)

Reported.

And banned!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pierre the shy

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Leon

Quote from: pierre the shy on 29 May 2022, 04:47:18 AMThat was fast.....especially for 3.40am GMT!!  :)

Just heading to bed when I saw the Reported post come through!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!