ECW Destroyed Units

Started by mollinary, 06 March 2017, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFlynSqrl

This is very cool.  I've played games where we'd leave casualty figures on the table were troop losses occurred.  By the end of the game all the casualty figures on the table really help tell the story.  A neat, but also sobering effect.

mollinary

Hi DFS,

I have been thinking of this sort of thing for some time, but as I already use individually based casualty figures to indicate disorder I needed something a bit more dramatic.  Then I saw Simon Miller's amazing  dead 28mm elephant base, and the idea was born.  It will be a bit of an effort to do enough bases to cover the big battles, but worth it I think. It is very encouraging to get all the positive comments, it will spur me on for the next batch!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Womble67

These  look  brilliant

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

cameronian

Meticulous attention to detail, superb execution, as always, respect  ;)
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

kev1964

What a great looking battlefield, it's lovely to see these on show, it would be even better with the other 2000 figs on the table  :).  Also a great idea with the casualties .

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

21 March 2017, 01:06:36 PM #20 Last Edit: 21 March 2017, 07:39:33 PM by Leon
These are coming on apace. Leon has kindly agreed fo put up the two latest photos showing the 12 cavalry markers, and the 7 foot units done so far. Another 13 on the table as we speak!

Mollinary

Terry37

Very nice and also very creative. I too love the pikes as that really adds to the look. Well done!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

mollinary

Thanks to Leon for inserting the piccies in my last post. Now moved on to 10 completed foot bases, hope to do another 5 tomorrow. With luck, should be all done by Thursday night!

Mollinary

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Cor. There's been some hot action in this part of the field, I see.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

kev1964

Cracking job mate, the broken pikes and flags really set them off.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Excellent !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

cameronian

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.