Eureka 15mm Russian Spetznaz

Started by bigjackmac, 06 March 2017, 03:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

You probably know I'm a big fan of Eureka Miniatures, they've got some really great 15mm Modern troops, of which I own quite a few.  I was perusing their website and saw some cool dudes; I didn't really need them, but I thought, why not?  I could use some cool bad guy Special Forces; oops, sorry Ivan, I meant good guy Special Forces ;)  So I bought a couple packs of Eureka Russians to use as Spetznaz.  Not too much, just eight guys.

And here are the eight troops.  Great detail, great poses, no repeats.  I based them to be able to use them for desert or temperate.

A closeup.  Here you can see the vests, baklavas, the NVG brackets I painted on the helmets, and the unit patches.  For more pics, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/03/eureka-15mm-russian-spetznaz.html

Pretty cool, yes?  Another small set of troops, but they're ready to go.  I have another set of these I'm going to do up in Arctic colors and basing; at some point I may even actually play some games with them!

Another weekend without gaming, I'm falling into a bout of deep depression!!!  I'm in a bit of a rut; real life has intruded: baseball has started up again, we had a kiddie emergency room issue, and a sibling birthday.  Then I've taken on five monstrous painting projects that I've become mired in:

1) 6mm modern UK, Germans, and Canadians
2) 15mm WWII Germans and UK/Canadians
3) 10mm Colonial Brits and various natives
4) 10mm Napoleonic French and Austrians
5) 15mm modern Western and WarPac-style troops and vehicles

Even with all the stuff I've sold lately, it's still too much!!!  But the biggest sap on game-playing morale is motivation via inspiration, the kind that comes with scenarios.  I've played six games of Operation Dragon Forge (SOF guys chasing bad guys all over the planet), and need to finish it up with two more, but I just can't come up with scenarios and maps.  I've got writer's block!

I've done soft hits, hard hits, two-stage, urban, rural, desert, temperate.  I need two scenarios, with maps, that end with me catching a bad guy alive, in Malaysia...

V/R,
Jack

toxicpixie

I hope the wee one is ok!

Was it baseball related? Sport is dangerous ;)

Lets hope they're better than the 1st Chechyn war era Spetznatz!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

bigjackmac

TP,

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  Nah, the ER trip wasn't baseball related; my daughter has asthma and once very few years she seems to develop an issue the docs can't quite figure out.

"Lets hope they're better than the 1st Chechyn war era Spetznatz!"
Let's not!  They're the bad guys, remember? ;)

V/R,
Jack

toxicpixie

I thought the Russians were the new good guys now?!

Personally I've always been at war with Eurasia ;)

Having recently discovered I was not in fact about to keel over from something horrific, but rather that my inhaler had died about eighteen months before I know the excitement of astham well  :(
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice figures Jack, hope your daughter is okay.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac