More Moderns released - Pershings, M60s and more!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2017, 12:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 02 March 2017, 07:31:30 AM
I have argued elsewhere on the forum for 10 stop gap Soviet figures  1960s-70s era to create games with Falklands Brits and Proxy Argies...

I think we'd prefer to do a proper range for them a bit further down the line I'm afraid.  As soon as we released some infantry it'd open the floodgates on requests for command, artillery, etc so we'd rather give it some proper attention.  There is another company putting out some 1984 Soviets soon though, so they might fit in with our vehicles.

Quote from: ianrs54 on 02 March 2017, 10:34:13 AM
I'd question the M26 as being modern, WWII vehicle, out of service by 54....that's 62 years ago.

I'll rename the category 'Post War / Modern' just for you...  :P

Quote from: Matt J on 02 March 2017, 12:48:15 PM
To save on postage will you have some of these with you at WMMS?

We will indeed, but they'll be in twinpacks on the show stand.  I'll get some individual models sorted out for you and bring them down.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Brazilian rework of the Stuart is the X1A1, has a 90mm LP (French ??). Looks to be based on the M3 series - with reworked galcis and a new turret. There is also the EE-9, worked from an M8 Greyhound. That is easier, use the M8 hull with a Panhard 90 turret. Should not have the mudguards, so on my 6mm conversions I used Artex to imitate cammo nets.

Can I make this a formal request.

Shermans in SA - Chile bought the M50/M51 from Israel, replaced by Leo 1 and later Leo 2, Peru had M4A3 from the states supplemented with T-55's. They were also the last user of the 38(t).

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Matt J

twin packs is fine. Could you reserve me the following? 

3 packs of the M26 Pershing
2 packs of the M601A
1 pack of the starship (don't need them for anything yet but they just look sooooooo cool)

cheers  :-bd

(P.S With regards to 'modern' range all tanks after WWII are actually from the 'post modern' period  :P)

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

toxicpixie

I like the idea of Sherman with T-55 and Pz38(t), do say they were all in service at the same time, that would tempt even my penurous pockets :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sunray

02 March 2017, 02:51:18 PM #19 Last Edit: 02 March 2017, 03:32:56 PM by Sunray
Quote from: Leon on 02 March 2017, 02:19:07 PM
I think we'd prefer to do a proper range for them a bit further down the line I'm afraid.  As soon as we released some infantry it'd open the floodgates on requests for command, artillery, etc so we'd rather give it some proper attention.  There is another company putting out some 1984 Soviets soon though, so they might fit in with our vehicles.

Not quite 1984 Soviet, but Irregular Miniatures have just released 10/12mm bush war figures .  I have send Leon some images of them and in terms of optics blend very well with Pendraken in terms of AVFs and figures.

Sorry but I am crap at formatting images .... :-

Bush wars are fun on a budget and .....they create viable games for that vast stockpile of Pendraken post war modern kit.

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Quote from: toxicpixie on 02 March 2017, 02:41:41 PM
I like the idea of Sherman with T-55 and Pz38(t), do say they were all in service at the same time, that would tempt even my penurous pockets :D

The Sherman and T55 certainly, the 38(t) has proved very elusive - Richard Crawley tried to chase it down for me, and got no-where. There only 10? of them, but they certainly survived til post war, so I suspect alongside the M4's, but the T55's is iffy. One rumor said into the 80's though.

Another couple of specials you could have a go at - these are Ecuador? - M8 Greyhound with the 37 removed and a TOW ground mount welded to the turret roof. It carries one reload on the turret rear, bountiful ammo supply. T'other is an M20, with the upper structure lowered and a Maxom (M16) Quad 50 turret fitted. 12 of the first ? and 6-12 of the second, which was used as fire support.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Matt J on 02 March 2017, 02:39:40 PM
3 packs of the M26 Pershing
2 packs of the M601A
1 pack of the starship (don't need them for anything yet but they just look sooooooo cool)

No worries, we'll get those sorted out and bring them down.

Quote from: Sunray on 02 March 2017, 02:51:18 PM
Not quite Soviet, but Irregular Miniatures have just released 10/12mm bush war figures .  I have send Leon some images of them and in terms of optics blend very well with Pendraken.

I was thinking Timecast, they've just released some AFV's with infantry to follow.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

Quote from: ianrs54 on 02 March 2017, 03:15:27 PM
The Sherman and T55 certainly, the 38(t) has proved very elusive - Richard Crawley tried to chase it down for me, and got no-where. There only 10? of them, but they certainly survived til post war, so I suspect alongside the M4's, but the T55's is iffy. One rumor said into the 80's though.

Another couple of specials you could have a go at - these are Ecuador? - M8 Greyhound with the 37 removed and a TOW ground mount welded to the turret roof. It carries one reload on the turret rear, bountiful ammo supply. T'other is an M20, with the upper structure lowered and a Maxom (M16) Quad 50 turret fitted. 12 of the first ? and 6-12 of the second, which was used as fire support.

IanS

A quick web search tells me they recieved 24 of them, just after the Germans started to dismember Czechslovakia, and tried to buy more post war (they were astonishingly handy in the mountains, apparently) but cold only get spares and parts. Apparently they were in active use against Shining Path guerillas in the '70s, and "on patrol duties" until 1988, and the last two were recently returned to Prague as display pieces!

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/ltp-tanque-39-peruan-legend.html seems to be pretty comprehensive but unsourced...

They got a few hundred T-55's by the mid-70's so I guess it's possible they'd see service together, but from what I gather the 38(t)'s were essentially COIN units supporting infantry in the mountains so I suspect they wouldn't. Shame, it would make a very wacky unit.

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 02 March 2017, 03:17:08 PM
No worries, we'll get those sorted out and bring them down.

I was thinking Timecast, they've just released some AFV's with infantry to follow.

You wait an hour for a BTR60....and then three arrive in a row.   All these new ranges of 10/12 mm moderns will be good for the hobby.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Mako

Good to see these.

I'd love to see one pack of Soviets/Arabs in Soviet gear as well, for a mechanized squad, so that your existing vehicles can be used for Western Europe, or the Middle East.

I'd like to see 8 - 10 guys per pack, with 1 x MG, 1 x RPG-7, and the rest with AK rifles.

I understand you'd like to do a full range of infantry, but if that isn't possible for quite a while, at least a pack or two of these will do nicely in the interim, and having those available might spur other sales, e.g. of vehicles and opposition infantry - Vietnam era Americans, Cold War/Falklands British, and Cold War Argentines as proxies for other troops.

I'd like to see one pack of the above standing/firing/advancing.  For a second pack, I'd like to see all of them prone, and firing their weapons.

If the above are available, I'll purchase both, since I can switch them out on the tabletop, instead of using chits to denote firing poses.  That way, you get to sell twice as many figures to me, and I suspect a lot of other people too.

I've purchased some of your Falklands Argies for early West Germans and Danes, and the British Falklands can be used for Cold War Europe too.

Those M26s/M46s served in a number of European armies, early in the Cold War, up through about the 1960s, or so, IIRC.

Sunray

04 March 2017, 08:06:18 AM #28 Last Edit: 04 March 2017, 09:52:32 AM by Sunray
Quote from: Mako on 04 March 2017, 04:13:45 AM
Good to see these.

I'd love to see one pack of Soviets/Arabs in Soviet gear as well, for a mechanized squad, so that your existing vehicles can be used for Western Europe, or the Middle East.

I'd like to see 8 - 10 guys per pack, with 1 x MG, 1 x RPG-7, and the rest with AK rifles.

I will not promote other figure manufacturers directly on the Pendraken forum - but as the above thread indicates - these figures (a) are already in existence or (b) will exist shortly.   I can tell you that the ones made in Yorkshire fit nicely with Pendraken vehicles and figures.
My freshly painted BTR152 - not to mention one very spiffing  Ferret- will get a game after all !

Mako

Thanks for the tips.

I am aware of some of the other manufacturers, and have some of them, but I am hoping for some new poses, as well as the ability to be able to purchase items I need individually to make up squad and fireteam stands, instead of having to purchase whole packs, just to get the 3 figs needed, in some cases. 

There is the option to buy some figs individually from the other companies, but the pricing for that is exorbitant, so not really worth considering, sadly.

Best regards,

Rob