Even more Shermans!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2017, 12:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've gone a bit Sherman mad recently, but this lot finishes off all of the variants we've got planned for the US lists.  There's a few more coming for the Brits, but we'll update with those when they're ready.  This little collection have got the mid-war hull with a selection of turrets.

WWII
American - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/American-sc130/
A66  M4A1 Sherman, mid-war, 75mm    £3.00
A67  M4A1 Sherman, mid-war, early 76mm    £3.00
A68  M4A1 Sherman, mid-war, late 76mm    £3.00

And some pics:

A66 - M4A1 Sherman, mid-war, 75mm

A67 - M4A1 Sherman, mid-war, early 76mm

A68 - M4A1 Sherman, mid-war, late 76mm

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

I'm glad these are Shermans and not Sherberts or I'd have a splitting ice cream headache by now.

Roy

Rubbish! They don't look nowt like the chap.

Any chance of being able to split hairs with this topic? The British M4A...some't, was called a Sherman. Whereas if these are the one's the Americans used they weren't called Shermans, but went by their M4A...? designation.

Just being awkward  :P

Which one did Oddball ride?  <:-P
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 03:01:25 PM
Which one did Oddball ride?  <:-P

An M4 supplied to Yugoslavia. Historically it should be an M4A3/76(W).

British are M4A4 mostly, US M4A3 mostly, Soviet M4A2, along with USMC. It was done dat way for logistic reasons the models use different engines, and the M4A2 is diesel - used by the USN and Red Army.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 03:01:25 PM
Which one did Oddball ride?  <:-P
M4A3E4
They were 75mm tanks that were remanufactured by BMY for friendly foreign governments, (including Yugoslavia, which is where it was filmed). Along with the change to 76mm guns, they had three track links on each side of the turret, and torsion bars on the engine deck to help open the gratings.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Any info on the paint manufacturer he used in those shells... Vallejo...? Humbrol...? Dulux...?
I suppose it would be one way to quickly undercoat an army ...Fire!
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 09:24:40 PM
Any info on the paint manufacturer he used in those shells... Vallejo...? Humbrol...? Dulux...?
I suppose it would be one way to quickly undercoat an army ...Fire!

Valspar !!!

Heedless Horseman

Nice additions...wish the revamped Shermans had been available a couple of years ago.
Question for armour buffs. I cannot find any evidence that CAST hull M4A1 with 76mm went to USSR under lend lease. 75mm cast hulls, think so...and of course, welded hull 76mm tanks are well evidenced. Would be glad to find some did, if anyone knows.
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

Can't remember why now but I thought the Russian Shermans were all M4A2s produced by Fisher Steel who welded their hulls. I may, of course, be misremembering. Anyone else know for sure?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Heedless Horseman

You're probably right Ithoriel. I think I THINK I may have seen a pic of a cast hull 75 in Russian service. Google images can produce weird captions...or it may have been somebody's model. All the info and photos I have seen indicate welded hulls. Still, hope to be wrong.
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Quote from: Ithoriel on 04 March 2017, 11:06:07 PM
Can't remember why now but I thought the Russian Shermans were all M4A2s produced by Fisher Steel who welded their hulls. I may, of course, be misremembering. Anyone else know for sure?

Think it's mostly rather than all, would depend on the date received.

NTM

05 March 2017, 08:32:53 AM #13 Last Edit: 05 March 2017, 08:35:05 AM by NTM
Quote from: ianrs54 on 02 March 2017, 03:22:07 PM
An M4 supplied to Yugoslavia. Historically it should be an M4A3/76(W).

M4A3E4 I believe. Basically 76mm gun fitted to 75mm turret.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/m4a3e4/m4a3e4.html