Revamped FT-17s!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2017, 12:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

While I've been busy with BKC, Dave's had the moulding machine working overtime to get a load of new vehicles sorted in time for Hammerhead this weekend.  First up we've got some brand new FT-17's, with round and hexagonal turrets in both 37mm and machine gun variants.  Plus we've added the command tank for good measure!

WWI
French - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-I-c17/French-sc111/
F36  FT-17, hexagonal turret, 37mm    £2.80
F37  FT-17, hexagonal turret, MG    £2.80
F38  FT-17, round turret, 37mm    £2.80
F39  FT-17, round turret, MG    £2.80
F40  FT-17 Command tank    £2.80

And pics of course:

F36 - FT-17, hexagonal turret, 37mm

F37 - FT-17, hexagonal turret, MG

F38 - FT-17, round turret, 37mm

F39 - FT-17, round turret, MG

F40 - FT-17 Command tank

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

F40 - FT-17 Command tank

OMG! What in the name of all things mechanical is that monstrosity?! I don't think I've seen a more ugly tank in my life. I bet it goes on to become a best seller  ;D
[obviously I'm referring to the real thing, not the Pendraken model]

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Youse missin one - the 75mm Howitzer.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 02:53:18 PM
OMG! What in the name of all things mechanical is that monstrosity?! I don't think I've seen a more ugly tank in my life. I bet it goes on to become a best seller  ;D

Yeah, it looks a bit odd!  There's not many good images of them, but this one shows the weird turret:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 02:53:18 PM
F40 - FT-17 Command tank

SSHHHH!!!!!!  You will upset it and it won't come out the mould properly.  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Roy

Ah, is that the badge of the USMC? I thought the tank looked too un-chic to be seen on any French catwalk. Someone will tell me its a French unit badge, now  ;D

I'm curious to know how the commander sat, as the positioning of his body looking out of the hatch looks rather awkward and uncomfortable.
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Leon

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 03:32:05 PM
I'm curious to know how the commander sat, as the positioning of his body looking out of the hatch looks rather awkward and uncomfortable.

Roy

:-bd Thanks Leon. A really useful image.

I'm glad I'm not having to sit in the tank. Its bad enough when I have to sit in small cars, never mind a little tank.

Ooh, that's a cool idea for a WW2 request. A little tank - Sorry, Gruber's Little Tank. And an 'Allo 'Allo character pack!

Ithoriel

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 02 March 2017, 09:29:04 PM
:-bd Thanks Leon. A really useful image.

I'm glad I'm not having to sit in the tank. Its bad enough when I have to sit in small cars, never mind a little tank.

Ooh, that's a cool idea for a WW2 request. A little tank - Sorry, Gruber's Little Tank. And an 'Allo 'Allo character pack!

Gruber's Little Tank was an Sdkfz 222 armoured car, available from Pendraken already - Sdkfz 222 A/C (GR132) Ex. VAT: £2.33/ Inc. VAT: £2.80 :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Yes, in its day and even now the FT17 command tank is a bit odd looking. It was built that way to hold radio equipment for the armored command to have some contact I am assuming with HQ as I do not know of a standard FT having a radio.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Roy

I made a specific point of walking the length of the Hammerhead show main hall to insult Leon about his new tank ...and first time I tried he wasn't there (he was hiding in the cafe!), second time he was too busy talking shop to listen to a rude customer like me. There's gratitude  :P

In fairness, the third attempt he did walk the full length of the hall, to the table I was at, to listen to my ramblings ...but I forgot to insult the tank. So I had to walk all the way back the length of the main hall, at the end of a very tiring day playing games, just to finally insult that FT-17 command tank! [I did say I'd buy one, one day, and paint it up :) ]

Wulf

Quote from: Ithoriel on 02 March 2017, 10:00:45 PM
Gruber's Little Tank was an Sdkfz 222 armoured car, available from Pendraken already - Sdkfz 222 A/C (GR132) Ex. VAT: £2.33/ Inc. VAT: £2.80 :)
Well, it was MEANT to be a 222, but whatever had been converted (very convincingly from the front!) had double doors that opened the whole back, as seen in a later episode.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Wulf on 15 May 2017, 11:49:11 AM
Well, it was MEANT to be a 222, but whatever had been converted (very convincingly from the front!) had double doors that opened the whole back, as seen in a later episode.

Poetic licence :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data