New Eastern Front buildings released!

Started by Leon, 02 March 2017, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've been previewing these for a while and they're now available!  There's 5 different types in this first release, including four houses and a barn type.  The quality on these is outstanding, so all credit to John at Ironclad for his work on them.

Scenery
Eastern Front - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Scenery-Items-c25/Eastern-Front-sc359/
SCN-EF01  Russian house, type 1 (Size: 65x50mm)    £4.00
SCN-EF02  Russian house, type 2 (Size: 70x50mm)    £4.00
SCN-EF03  Russian house with lean-to (Size: 85x50mm)    £4.50
SCN-EF04  Russian house, L-shaped (Size: 75x60mm)    £4.50
SCN-EF05  Russian barn (Size: 85x55mm)    £4.50

And the pics:

EF01 - Russian house, type 1

EF02 - Russian house, type 2

EF03 - Russian house, with lean-to

EF04 - Russian house, L-shaped

EF05 - Russian barn

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

OK, I'm going to expose my ignorance.

Could these be used as ACW buildings? They look like buildings made out of planks. Pretty universal format in places where they build things out of planks. Wooded areas mostly. Not a lot of plank buildings in the centre of the Gobi, I'd warrant, but in the heavily wooded areas of the American continent, I would hazard a guess that plank buildings would be very common.  This is verified by the documentaries with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

So where am I going wrong?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

They would look perfectly OK in a US rather than USSR setting IMHO.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

O Dinas Powys

The thing that always strikes me as distinctive about these East European buildings is the roof construction of long planks orientated down the roof. 

Is this just my perception, or is this an architectural style characteristic to the area (and/or period)?  :-\

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

They are rather nice though, just have to see if there's room in my storage boxes for MORE Eastern Front buildings...  :-[  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Heretical question - are these done in 15mm ? 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Considering the amount of Eastern European immigrants into the US in the 1900s, I suspect the building style would commute too! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 02 March 2017, 07:52:04 AM
Could these be used as ACW buildings?

I think they could although John at Ironclad would say otherwise!  He's working on some American buildings as well, hopefully in time for Salute.

Quote from: ianrs54 on 02 March 2017, 10:37:57 AM
Heretical question - are these done in 15mm ? 

Do you mean does Ironclad do them in 15mm as well?  I don't think so, but it could be something John might add in the future.  These could probably serve on a 15mm table as well though, in the same way some folks use 6mm buildings in 10mm games.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

holdfast

d_Guy

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 02 March 2017, 09:43:53 AM
The thing that always strikes me as distinctive about these East European buildings is the roof construction of long planks orientated down the roof. 

Is this just my perception, or is this an architectural style characteristic to the area (and/or period)?  :-

Cheers,

Meirion

Agree - While they would generally work for ACW the overlapped planking on the roof doesn't look right. The norm in this region (mid-Atlantic) seems to have been split shingles. "Tin" started being used at some point also. That said I have zero knowledge of architecture, just my casual observations.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leon

There's definitely something in the architecture, as I suggested to John at Ironclad that we could sell these for the ACW as well, and his swift reply was 'No you can't, the roofs aren't right!'   ;D

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}