Rezonville/Mars la Tour

Started by Le Manchou, 28 February 2017, 05:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Manchou

Hello everybody!
On 18th and 19th of February, I organized a game in France: the battle of Rezonville.
You can check my report (in french), and the numerous pictures taken by Ronan on my blog.

http://2d6.fr/projet1870/index.php?

Ronan should write his own report of the battle very soon and part will be in english.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Beautiful looking game!
What was the result?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Le Manchou

It was a French victory, mainly because the IIIrd Prussian corps was too aggressive too early and didn't use it's artillery enough and also because the Prussians didn't use their cavalry to delay the French withdrawal.

cameronian

Manchou I'm sure this has been asked before but how do you produce those excellent terrain maps/boards ?
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Le Manchou

This particular map is a painting made by a Chinese artist, she painted it from a map I found in Moltke's book The war of 1870

Leman

Apparently known as Rezonville in France because that's the bit of the battlefield that went quite well - with the C-in-C siting individual artillery pieces  :o?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Quote from: Le Manchou on 28 February 2017, 08:22:50 AM
This particular map is a painting made by a Chinese artist, she painted it from a map I found in Moltke's book The war of 1870

Best reply ever - hand painted bespoke terrain, I love it, could she do me one on silk if I asked her nicely  ;D
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

DFlynSqrl

ronan

Quote from: Le Manchou on 28 February 2017, 05:49:59 AM
(...)
Ronan should write his own report of the battle very soon and part will be in english.

Work in progress : http://2d6.fr/?p=4094  but I have too much work this week ... ( I will post here when finished )

Quote from: Le Manchou on 28 February 2017, 07:57:03 AM
It was a French victory, mainly because the IIIrd Prussian corps (...)

Naa !  For once I was able to win, don't underestimate my plans and my orders !  :P
:D  ( I'm so happy to win, I'm not used to ! )

Quote from: Leman on 28 February 2017, 10:45:22 AM
Apparently known as Rezonville in France because that's the bit of the battlefield that went quite well - with the C-in-C siting individual artillery pieces  :o?
I was playing the C in C , and  for this game, I ordered some cavalry charges, then rallied some lost batallions ...  Almost like Bazaine !
;)  ( you'll read more when my ARR will be online)

Quote from: DFlynSqrl on 28 February 2017, 01:34:55 PM
Really wonderful pictures!
You're too nice, thank you !  :)

Le Manchou

Yes Ronan, you played well and your plan was good!