Facebook group created

Started by Itinerant Hobbyist, 27 February 2017, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itinerant Hobbyist

For those of you who share you War gaming exploits on FB, please join us in the newly created Blitzkrieg Commander Fan group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/966826603419493/

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But there is already an excellent Forum - blitzkriegcomander.com

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

The more coverage the better!  Pete's site will be archived once the new rules are printed, as it'll be easier to keep all the discussion over here instead.  The old forum/site will still be accessible to existing members and the Battlegroups feature will remain in place as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 28 February 2017, 02:14:11 PM
Facebook, just say no!

Like most tools it is what you make of it, I find it useful but then it's not the endless time-sink for me that it seems to be for some.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

Probably worth mentioning directly on the BKC forum again about the archiving, as there's been a couple of new people pop up and post recently!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: toxicpixie on 28 February 2017, 02:18:35 PM
Probably worth mentioning directly on the BKC forum again about the archiving, as there's been a couple of new people pop up and post recently!

Will do.  As soon as the rules are launched and our new website is complete, I'll get the new webguy to go and do some little jobs over there to tidy it up and lock new registrations, etc.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Itinerant Hobbyist

I know. I love that forum, it helped me immensely when getting started. I assumed it would be going away eventually and all forum activity would move to here.

The FB group is an effort to make it more accessible to other gamers who are unfamiliar and also, there are some great groups there for the hobby.  As was said, just another venue for getting the word out. Even with FB and this forum, I will continue to post on my blog and on my YouTube channel. They all serve slighlty different purposes.

But just saying "no" to FB in principle, I understand because it can be a time suck.

ronan

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 28 February 2017, 02:14:11 PM
Facebook, just say no!

+1

I won't go to FB for MANY reasons.
( but I still love you guys !  :P   ;D  )