New from Connecticut

Started by FJAdams, 27 February 2017, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJAdams

Hello.  New to the board and Pendraken figures.  Used to play many years ago then stopped as I didn't have the time. Now that I'm retired I have nothing but time and have started again.
Currently doing Fantasy with the Warband rules. 

Once I get all my armies done I'll have to check the local miniature players and see if there is anybody doing something except WWII.

Frank

DFlynSqrl

Welcome FJAdams! 

Good luck with your quest to round up some players.  I just finished my second Warband army Friday and making plans to get some of my local friends to try it out here in Texas.

Rod

Ithoriel

Hi Frank, welcome to the forum!

The forum is by turns friendly, funny (haha and peculiar!!), informative and supportive. Threads are regularly derailed but, if that happens before you get an answer, a gentle reminder of that generally gets things back on track!

As a retiree myself I find I have LESS time than when I was working. Movies, lunches, afternoon teas, trips to the pub, more regular visits to my parents, gaming evenings, catching up with old friends now also retired has life whirring past at a great rate.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Hi Frank, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

FJAdams

Thanks. Liking getting back into playing.

FJAdams

Quote from: Ithoriel on 27 February 2017, 02:37:03 PM
Hi Frank, welcome to the forum!

The forum is by turns friendly, funny (haha and peculiar!!), informative and supportive. Threads are regularly derailed but, if that happens before you get an answer, a gentle reminder of that generally gets things back on track!

As a retiree myself I find I have LESS time than when I was working. Movies, lunches, afternoon teas, trips to the pub, more regular visits to my parents, gaming evenings, catching up with old friends now also retired has life whirring past at a great rate.

Since I retired I've spent most of my time golfing and building bass guitars. Now miniatures again.

d_Guy

Welcome to the forum! The more from this side of the pond the better!  :)
You'll find a bunch of us here that have come back to the hobby in retirement (I'm one).
Sleep with clean hands ...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

What Ho, Mr Adams!

Welcome to the forum.

The great thing about Pendraken is that for a very small outlay, you can start your own new period! Go on, dig out an obscure period, Pendraken are bound to have something to suit! If I'm not diverted by 1:3000 Naval, I'm looking at the Spanish-American War. I could also heartily recommend the ACW, but for a real thrill, hand on for a few months and have a look at the impending Korean War range.*

Whatever, there's plenty of good friendly advice and support, and lots of people who are as barmy as a mixed box of frogs and spanners. Also some people whose parentage is in doubt who paint really, really well.

*I honestly don't get paid for this ... I do it out of my love for Pendraken and some sort of neurological condition.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Welcome from me too !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Welcome :-h

Quote from: fsn on 27 February 2017, 03:49:30 PM
If I'm not diverted by 1:3000 Naval, I'm looking at the Spanish-American War.

FSN, you could use 10mm for the land battles and 1:3000 for the naval side, Pierre the Shy has some interesting ideas for that apparently ;)

Quote from: fsn on 27 February 2017, 03:49:30 PM
Also some people whose parentage is in doubt who paint really, really well.
:o :o :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: FJAdams on 27 February 2017, 02:20:05 PM
Once I get all my armies done ??
Frank

I am sorry this phrase does not compute. the suggestion that you ever get "all your Armies done " is  as mythical as a Unicorn.

Welcome to the forum 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.