February 2017 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 26 February 2017, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

26 February 2017, 07:07:48 PM Last Edit: 27 January 2018, 10:17:14 PM by Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures February newsletter!

It's been the usual busy start to the year here at Pendraken HQ, so we hope you're all enjoying 2017 so far!

Blitzkrieg Commander III

We've been working almost non-stop on the revised Blitzkrieg Commander rules this year, only taking a few days off to get ready for the York show at the start of this month.  The good news is that the (almost) finished version has now gone off to our feedback group for any final tweaks and suggestions.  The formatting/layout is almost complete as well, just a few things to tidy up before it goes off to the printers.

We're hoping to have the feedback/suggestions back to us in the next 2-3 weeks, allowing us a week to get the rulebook all finalised before going off to the printers.  It's a 2-week turnaround there, so we're aiming for a big release at Salute in April.  The rules will be available in both hard-copy and pdf through Wargame Vault.

It's been a long time coming, but we're nearly there folks!  Here's a little teaser pic as well...

New Website!

The new website has taken something of a back seat while we've been working on BKC, but this is also nearly ready.  We'll be meeting up with our new webguy while we're down at the Hammerhead show next weekend, to run through any final tweaks that need making.  Once those are done, we'll be looking for some volunteers to go and have a play with it for us.

In the meantime, we're looking for some help with one particular feature of the new site, so head over to the Forum and see if you can help us out!

Latest Releases!

We've started the year with a bunch of vehicles for the 20th Century gamers, including:

> Shermans and Tiger II's - We've got another 11 revamped Shermans available, along with some new Tiger II models as well.
> M41 & M47 - And for the post-war crowd, both the Walker Bulldog and M47 Patton have been released.

In The Pipeline!

One of our main ranges for 2017 is the revamp of our 1860's Italian range, expanded to include the whole Independence Wars period from 1849 through to 1866.  We've had two batches of sculpts through so far, so have a look here and here.

Elsewhere, we've had a few vehicles done for the WWII Belgians as well.  We'll be adding some infantry and artillery to this range as well, but that won't be until later this year.

And finally, John at Ironclad Miniatures has been working on some new WWII Eastern Front buildings for us, aiming for a release in the next week or two.

Shows!

After a cracking start to the year at the York show, we've now got two shows in two weekends coming up, with Hammerhead coming first on Saturday 4th March, followed by the WMMS show on Sunday 12th March.  If you want to pre-order anything for the Hammerhead show, you've got a day or two to sneak those in, but make sure to do it ASAP otherwise we can't guarantee we'll be able to get them ready in time. Pre-orders for WMMS will need to sent through to us before Sunday 5th please.

And of course at this time of year it's always worth a nudge in the direction of Salute, taking place on Saturday 22nd April.  If you're attending this one and would like to pick anything up from us, please, please, please make sure to send your order through to us as soon as you can.  Salute is always a crazy time of year for us so the earlier the better for pre-orders.

Minibits Corner!

After the new 15mm painted Epsilon buildings last month, we've got another new product line for you!  

Minibits are very pleased to be teaming up with Red Vectors to take all of their MDF designs to the shows and on our website.  We'll be bringing the products over in batches, with the first lot containing some excellent 28mm ACW buildings, along with some WWII Russian villages in both 15mm and 20mm.  Next in line will be some Fantasy styled buildings suitable for Frostgrave and Mordheim type games.

The RedVectors products can all be found on the Minibits website here.

As well as those, we've also got the Humbrol Paintbrushes back in stock!  We lost our supplier for these for a while, but we've found a new one and they're back on the website again.  We've added them to the Pendraken site as well, so you can order them along with your 10mm goodies.

Right then, that's everything for this month!  We'll get on with finishing BKCIII and we'll have more new releases ready for you soon as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

No version number on the cover of BKC :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 26 February 2017, 09:14:54 PM
No version number on the cover of BKC :-

We've not finalised how to approach that yet.  It'll obviously be BKCIII but we were thinking of something different for the cover, 3 stars or 3 chevrons somewhere maybe.  Nothing's finalised with that just yet, still got to play about with it a little.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

I've seen a number of discussions on other rules sets along the lines of; so does the green cover mean it is version x ... ;)

lowlylowlycook

Perhaps learn something from the marketing geniuses of the video game world  and call it

Blitzkrieg Commander One or

Blitzkrieg Commander U

Ithoriel

"Blitzkreig Commander Unleashed!"

"Blitzkreig Commander: The Next Generation"

"Blitzkreig Commander Gold (Beach) Edition "

:)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I am bewildered by the lack of references to Techno's exciting recent creations....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 February 2017, 02:48:29 PM
I am bewildered by the lack of references to Techno's exciting recent creations....

Mainly because we've not got them here yet!  I'll be doing some more announcements on those once the sculpts are all complete and we can get some photos of them all together.

paulr

Phil's still got a lot to do on the Koeran War range ;)

Ithoriel

Az Tec hno will be aware there are other ranges in the works other than the Korean War range ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 27 February 2017, 09:52:57 PM
Az Tec hno will be aware there are other ranges in the works other than the Korean War range ;)

Arrrgh! Too early in the morning!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Well played sir ;D

fsn

Like what? You mean Arab-Israeli? That would be good. I'd still like to see some chariots, or Byzantines, and I'm holding off jumping into Ancient Greek until the long promised revamp.

BTW the way you wrote that - with the odd spelling of "as" and putting a space in "Techno", it looks as if you're writing "Aztec".  ;D ;D How quaint.

I thought we all agreed that would never, ever happen. For the sake of the Dark Lord's unsightly and as yet undiagnosed bump, we only just saved D_Guy from the heresy!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 28 February 2017, 07:55:29 AM
BTW the way you wrote that - with the odd spelling of "as" and putting a space in "Techno", it looks as if you're writing "Aztec".  ;D ;D How quaint.

Predictive text can be such a burden .... even when it's not turned on ;)