LoA request

Started by justbill, 26 February 2017, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbill

Im planning some games focused on the moment of truth of a period siege and would like to echos the sentiments of a previous poster. The only thing missing that I need is grenadiers assaulting with grenades and other headgear types.

I haven't decided on scale yet but honestly this is a pivotal point. Cant really see storming a breached ravelin or bastion without the proper grenadiers. I can get them is 25mm, but I'd much rather use your wonderful 10mm range.

Hopeful but not overly optimistic,

Bill

d_Guy

So I'm clear on the question, neither LOA14 or LOA15 would work because neither has a figure actively throwing a grenade OR neither set has proper headwear OR both?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leon

It's not something planned by Clib as far as I'm aware.  I know he's done them in 28mm for Warfare but I'm not sure how the sales would be in 10mm...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

justbill

Thank you for the reply, Leon.  I understand.

and thanks for the hostile counterpost d_guy. Panties in a twist?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I think our American ambassador was trying to point you at the two sets of extant grenadiers, he just misphrased it.
DGuy isn't the sort of chap to raise hackles.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Inclined to think you've misunderstood also, justbill. D_guy is a nice guy (talk it over with each other via personal messages - I'm sure you'll both get along). It could be d_guy was just trying to narrow down what you were looking for to offer a useful suggestion. I seem to recall one 10mm manufacturer had grenadier figures throwing grenades - which put me off (each to their own)! Am I right in guessing it was Pendraken's Russian Grenadiers from the Great Northern War range (GNR5)? LOA14 and LOA15 will definitely give you a variety of headgear (i.e., fur caps or cloth caps).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

Quote from: justbill on 26 February 2017, 10:59:10 PM
and thanks for the hostile counterpost d_guy. Panties in a twist?

I'll add my support to the idea this is just typical internet miscommunication.

Knowing d_Guy's posts he was probably about to offer suggestions as to suitable headswaps ... in 10mm ... <shudders> :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Sorry you read it as hostile, justbill - totally not my intent! I simply didn't know if you wanted a figure actually in the act of tossing a grenade or if one of the existing ones would serve (I don't think they are all pictured). Also - not knowing much about grenadiers of the period - thought maybe that the particular cap you needed was a problem.

I work with the LoA figures a good deal so was actually trying to help (as many will attest I don't always communicate well :))

Finally -  "knickers in a twist" vs "panties in a wad"  - although mixing the idioms is totally fine with me  :D

justbill

My apologies. I misread the intentions.

d_Guy

No worries! Glad we are sorted out. :)

As Ithorial noted - I like swapping heads (and arms, etc) to
get what I want (doesn't always look particularly good, however).

Should you want pics of the LoA14 and 15 figures let me know and
I'll post them up.

Good luck with your quest.