Wattle fencing

Started by old smokie, 23 February 2017, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old smokie

how about adding some Wattle fencing to the Pendraken range

toxicpixie

Could do with some full size, for the garden. I'm watching my fences snap as we speak :/
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

It's calmed down a lot, in the SW corner of Wales since early, this 'fair morn'......When I got stopped by the girls and boys in blue, while I was driving into Cardigan.

Tree had come down across the road.......Hardly a 'biggie'.....and it was cleared in 10 minutes. (Mind you, I don't know how much they'd chainsawed up before I got there.)

Makes a change for us to 'get away with it', while bigger parts of the UK are being 'battered'.

Cheers - Phil (Who hopes everybody else is OK.)

toxicpixie

We're five fences down and I'm watching the rest... mind, some neighbours have seen theirs literally disntegrate and some one in Wolves got killed by debris earlier :S
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Ouch !!!

If Von and I still lived in Notts.......I think it would have destroyed all of our panel fences. ('Fencing'......That's for the benefit of FK.  :P)

At the current Techno Towers, it's all post and rail.......With sheep netting......So there's an awful lot of decent sized holes for the wind to 'whiz through'.
The stone walls........I dread to think what sort of wind we'd need to knock those down.......That wind strength would rip the roof off the house.

Very sad news about the fatality in Wolverhampton.  :(

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

I'm hoping some of the fences are recoverable, if I can bodge them back in the post holes/slots post Doris buggering off. At least two are defunct though so that's forty quid down the swanee, and probably no wargaming weekend for me as I'll be missing half of it sorting them out instead! Assuming there's any left to buy in the area, which might be doubtful at this rate...

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

toxicpixie

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

Just a bit of rain and a bit of breeze here, nothing dramatic.

20 miles away is a bit different though.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

This day shall live in infamy! Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!

We just have some property damage and a stir crazy toddler & other half...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 23 February 2017, 04:57:01 PM
Storm, what storm?

Seems to have been very patchy - 10 miles away M56 and A5117 were closed (perhaps the Runcorn Oik wuz test driving his cent?) Here it was rather damp, but no damage.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

old smokie

can we keep on topic, and no I do not mean the candy bar  :P

jimduncanuk

I imagine that I would scratch build wattle fences.

I would probably use short runs of fine electrical wire interwoven between posts of cocktail sticks.