basing for SOBH

Started by petercooman, 23 February 2017, 10:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Good morning forum,

Just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the single basing of models for SOBH.

I am currently basing my new models on 25 mm round bases. I also have a lot of warhammer figures on 20mm square bases.

Would it be a problem to use these togheter? because i am torn between rebasing them on round bases or keeping them like they are. The main reason i don't want to rebase everything is because they can be used as individuals for kings of war, where they are mounted on squares.

Would it be do-able to make a sabot base, a 25mm round one, that can slot a square base? or would that be too much trouble. i'm mainly thinking about this as a square base would mean 1 cm less movement as opposed to a 25mm round base.

Maybe make a measuring stick for square ones only? or just go with it and don't bother?

fred.

I would not worry about it. The difference is tiny, and any benefit for movement gain is lost as more enemies can gang up, and they have to move fractionally less to reach you.

We've played with 20, 25 and even 40mm based models and it's fine.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Ok, didn't look at it that way.

As long as there is an advantage to it I'm good with it. Don't want models being left out because they are based differently.

Having a pro and a con shuts down discussion about the different base!

toxicpixie

We use all sorts, to be honest - even unbased. Just depends on the players' mini's!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Zippee

I'll agree, you'll be fine with assorted basing.

I have a default basing of 25mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm circles which really relates back to D&D Medium - Large - Huge - Gargantuan critters but it works out well.

But for sure I still have many a venerable figure on a 20mm square, or 25mm hex or whatever - makes no real difference in SOBH

petercooman

As this means less work for me, I'm happy to hear this  :D

ronan

Assuming we're talking about Song of Blades and Heroes ( yes I'm very tired !  ;) )
We used to plays with different bases, as some minis were HUGE
http://2d6.fr/?p=1636

we didn't have a game for a while now.... it's time to fight back....    :-   

petercooman

Yes that's the one.

Nice report!