One step closer....

Started by Luddite, 22 February 2017, 06:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Techno

Ithoriel

I, for one, welcome our Alien Overlords! ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I want to be the one who introduces them to chess and Bach. Preferably before they've heard of genocide, instant coffee, and country and western.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Well - if they are remotely like us they've probably been fighting a massive interplanetary war for a millennium or so. Let's see - seven planets - seven kingdoms - ever shifting alliances - an iron throne....
Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

"Chess is as elaborate a waste of human intelligence as you can find outside an advertising agency."
                                                                                                                     - Raymond Chandler

I think aliens may well apprecaitethe mathematical beauty in Bach.

Though of course, the first aliens we are likely to meet will be the rich brats joyriding in daddy's paid for jalopy.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

We earthlings are nowhere near the tech needed to travel to them.

So if they have the knowhow to travel to us...it will be a case of the Latin American 'Indians' [sic]  meeting the Conquistadors 

If their planetary system enjoyed the projected course of H2O based evolution then their DNA base will be reptilian not mammal ..... :-

FierceKitty

Raymond Chandler - the world's most underrated novelist.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Chad

Trump would never give them a visa 😈

OldenBUA

I've read that scientists from Luik/Liege in Belgium were involved in the discovery. This might also explain why the system is called Trappist. So it's quite tempting to think what kind of H2O based life could be found there.  :P
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.