BBB Bash Day 2017

Started by Leman, 16 February 2017, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Cheers Chris; that would add an extra sparkle to the day. PS, how come an attractive market town like Abingdon has such rough pubs?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sunjester

Some great looking games there. I'm getting a bit intrigued by BBB, but the games seem to be 10mm or smaller scales. How would they work with 15mm? I already have hundreds (thousand?) figures for 19th century French, Austrian, Prussian, Bavarian and Italian armies, so I wouldn't want to replace all those.

fsn

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la 10mm.

Also, not sure of the advisability of putting a gun on a railway line.

Inspiring photo's chaps!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chris Pringle

Quote from: sunjester on 10 March 2017, 07:51:37 AM
Some great looking games there. I'm getting a bit intrigued by BBB, but the games seem to be 10mm or smaller scales. How would they work with 15mm? I already have hundreds (thousand?) figures for 19th century French, Austrian, Prussian, Bavarian and Italian armies, so I wouldn't want to replace all those.

Check out Vincent's magnificent annotated photo-AARs of his 15mm games here:
http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.co.uk/
He and his group have almost fought through an entire 15-battle Franco-Prussian War campaign, among others.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

Chris Pringle

Quote from: Leman on 09 March 2017, 09:40:43 PM
how come an attractive market town like Abingdon has such rough pubs?
Dunno - it's foreign territory to me.

Quote from: fsn on 10 March 2017, 07:56:58 AM
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la 10mm.
Also, not sure of the advisability of putting a gun on a railway line.
Inspiring photo's chaps!

Glad you like.  :)

Per p3 of the BBB rulebook: "the troops of a unit actually cover a much larger area than the few square inches of its base. The bases merely represent the 'centre of gravity' of a unit". So there aren't necessarily any guns actually on the railway line. And besides, it's a railroad.

Chris

toxicpixie

The more I see of your 3mm, the less inspired I am by going with 2mm! The larger bases work better as well, I missed a trick using 20mm, should have gone 30mm for better "mini-diorama" feel.

Very tasty - I wonder if I start storing up "partner-points" I can make next years...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Pretty sure that the Razzionville track wasn't completed in 1870, it's where Emile Zola fought. ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Wonderful looking games, gentlemen - thanks for posting all the picture - much enjoyed looking at them.

Leman. Particularly liked your twin paddle wheel gunboat at Shiloh.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Shedman

good looking game - it prompted me to buy some 3mm stuff from Peter Pig

Leman

Not sure who was actually running the 10mm game pictured, but it certainly isn't Rezonville, as the white coated Austrians in Magenta in the background will testify.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

And nor is it in the US which is what I thought FSN was referring to, for some reason, hence my "It's a railroad" remark - sorry, FSN!

Shedman

The railway in the photo is the Milan to Turin line, calling at Rho, Mageneta, Novara,Vercelli, SanthiĆ , Chivasso and Torino Porta Susa and the French did have to bring their artillery across the tracks as the railway and road embankments were the only way to cross the river Ticino

fsn

Quote from: Chris Pringle on 10 March 2017, 11:21:57 PM
sorry, FSN!
No problem. I was just worried about the 4:45 coming up from the South.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

There was a rail replacement bus that day!  :-B