Unread posts since last visit....

Started by Techno, 13 February 2017, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

That board seems to be out of sync with the forum's main opening page.

If I go to 'Unread posts, since last visit'...there only seems to be a couple of topics listed as unread.
After I look at those, and........

Go to the 'Main board'.......That shows there are 'new' posts that I haven't looked at......Odd.  :-\

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I get that quite frequently, depends if you switch devices between watching threads?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Indeed, if i look on my mobiledevice, and then look onpc, it doesn't show the topics it showed on mobile.Beacuse that counts as a visit, soonly shows things posted between thoe visits

Techno

I'm only using the home PC.  Just seems a bit strange. :-\

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Yes, it has been occurring for me also.
Sometimes pressing "show unread posts" shows nothing but if I then click "read all unread threads" (which it gives you when no results are returned) I'll get (usually) a bunch of results.

The other strange thing is sometimes threads I've commented on don't show up in "new replies" and I find them in "unread".

Seems reasonably that this has something to do with having two or more instances of the forum open on the same or multiple devices simultaneously.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on