Wild West Town

Started by FierceKitty, 12 February 2017, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

14 February 2017, 04:49:38 PM #15 Last Edit: 14 February 2017, 04:51:47 PM by FierceKitty
I've got many pages of notes; haven't yet put them together into a ruleset, and it's a daunting job (was I serious about "After winning two consecutive hands of poker, player has a one in six chance of being called out for cheating, or one in three if he actually was cheating; in either case, roll on table to determine if result is a fistfight, a knifefight, a quick draw over the table, or a formal challenge to step outside with Colt peacemakers, unless either party is a mad dog killer psychopath, in which case...."?). I think the rules will be called The Good, the Bad, and the Lucky, but possibly The Significant Seven, which is teasing my wife over a mistake she made.

Stuff on the table is just for photography at this stage.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

urbancohort

Don't know if it is still about but there used to be a book called 'Wild west Structures you can make' for railway modellers with plans and lists of suppliers, published by James Publications in teh US. I have a copy, and have built some of teh buildings. they are pretty good and N gauge is nearly the same as 10mm...

One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Raider4

Lone Ranger frontier town

The box-backs needed to make them

No idea what scale these are, but could be useful?

Cheers, M.
--

FierceKitty

Ta. I've given up on the Wild West project, however, and the gunfighters have been assembled into the 26th Maryland militia regiment. The buildings are still suitable for 19th century American battles, fortunately.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.