Heer 1940

Started by SV52, 10 February 2017, 01:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

First part of the German contingent for my 1940 project.

Light company and medium company of a Panzer Battalion:

Pz II; Pz III; Pz IV; Pz 28(t), bit too close, all the flaws are showing :-[:

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Wulf

I always do my Panzer Grey too dark, these look much better.

SV52

Games Workshop 'Adeptus Battle Grey'.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Heer, there, everywhere!
Great job on those!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Liked them and well photographed too. If I actual did armor yours would be way better than mine.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Like those !

Cheers - Phil.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

SV52

Much obliged for the comments chaps, they were a pleasure to do.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Gazza

I'm literally about to start on some early war panzers, so this is some great inspiration. I've also opted for a lighter grey base colour (Vallejo model Basalt Grey, I think), else they'll just end up looking like dusky blobs. Extra points for free-handing the insignia: I'm too lazy to have even got decals for my BEF armour...
'Which painting in the National Gallery would I save if there was a fire? The one nearest the door of course.' - GB Shaw

Das Blog: http://we-stand-and-fight.blogspot.co.uk/

SV52

Thanks for the comments Womble and Gazza.  Agree completely about the colour Gazza, on these tiny things too dark a colour just makes them disappear.  I think I'll go lighter with a black ink wash on the next lot, see how they turn out.  Good luck with it.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Terry37

SV52, The 1940 campaign is truly one of my favorites - due to the great French ad British camouflage they used on heir vehicles if nothing else. I don't know if this is of any help, but here's a picture of one of Leon's Pz IIIs that I did for a Turtledove Tosevite (Earth) army. It's a great little model and I painted it with a medium gray, then went over that with a black wash. After that dried (overnight for me as I use an extender to help allow the inks wash to get in all of the right places) I then used a lighter gray and just used a wet wash on the very edges of the model, brushing along just the edge with my brush. Those edges that are truly hard, i.e. sharp, I then went over those with an even lighter gray wash. I am very pleased with the results and also used it on my Panther Lehr model for Red Skull's army, but also mottled it with a black-gray to make it more "panther" looking.

The base is not finished on this yet.

I agree that if you use too dark a color it just looks like a blob on the table. Just FYI, I seldom, if ever, use true black paint, but a black gray instead. Hope this helps,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

SV52

Good looking models there Terry.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Womble67

I really like them

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno