Using web space and blogs

Started by Norm, 07 February 2017, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

07 February 2017, 06:58:10 PM Last Edit: 07 February 2017, 07:00:54 PM by Norm
Background - last summer, I had a sulk regarding my blog, suspended it and tried doing the same sort of thing with a website. Some months later it was clear to me that blogs and websites each have their strengths and weaknesses and that basically, nothing performs quite as well as a blog than a ........ blog!

So, I restarted the blog, which I use for my game related articles - so what to do with the paid for web site? (Commanders web pages)

Bit by bit, I have been trying to give the website a new role and that conversion has mostly taken place now. Today I started a new page there called Project Status. The idea is that on a single page, there will be a monthly entry showing the status and plans for various projects and since each page is allowed to hold 14 entries, over time there will be a revolving yearly account of progress.

The main motivation for this page is to put me under some discipline to actually get more done by being more accountable to myself (avoiding the embarrassment of having a void month). It will also increasingly link across to what is happening in the blog, so that the Commanders web site and the blog complement each other.

Anyway, this is now longer than I wanted it to be, but here is my initial progress post. I suppose it will take a few months to become more meaningful.

LINK - http://commanders.simdif.com/project-status.html

Malbork

Looks interesting as always Norm.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Yep interesting idea

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Will continue to follow the developments in your approach with great interest. I suffer from poor organization of the blogs that I do and keep evolving in my approach(s). Have tried to make my primary blog a hybrid blog and website (using a web of pages) but the management has proven to be Byzantine. Your approach may be the solution.

Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno