ITLSU 1914 Third Echelon disembarks

Started by pierre the shy, 03 February 2017, 07:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

The third echelon of my 1914 stuff arrived safely from Pendraken HQ today....great timing Leon - I'm an year older today  <:-P <:-P .....before anyone asks I'm 21 plus quite a bit of experience.... and hopefully a little bit wiser!!  :-

Paul has kindly agreed to paint them for me once again.

So whats in the box this time? A fairly small reinforcement which concludes my 1914 purchases for now:

A further German 3 Battalion Infantry Regiment plus HQ's and a British Highland battalion in Glengarries plus an HQ and a couple of those nice new British GS wagons to ensure enough of the "water of life" makes it through to the Scots lads, who will be portrayed as either Black Watch or Gorgon Highlanders (Still looking for the tartan paint for Paul though  ;) )

Planning on using them in bigger ITLSU games based around the actions at Elouges and Villers-Cotterets during the 1914 retreat - which has been my stated objective since I first started in 10mm in mid 2014.  :-bd 

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Happy birthday, Shy!  <:-P

Quote from: pierre the shy on 03 February 2017, 07:01:39 AM
... and hopefully a little bit wiser!!  :-

Paul has kindly agreed to paint them for me once again.

That's pobably the kind of wisdom I should embrace.  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Happy B'day, PtS! Enjoy the days of your youth!
Sleep with clean hands ...

DFlynSqrl

Ithoriel

Happy Birthday Peter!!

Was in "A Room In The West End" last Saturday and briefly reminiscing about meeting you and Lisa there.

Quote from: pierre the shy on 03 February 2017, 07:01:39 AM
the Scots lads, who will be portrayed as either Black Watch or Gorgon Highlanders (Still looking for the tartan paint for Paul though  ;) )
(My emphasis)

Weird War One? Seduced by the lure of Hordes Of The Things? Enquiring minds want to know! :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

pierre the shy

Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 February 2017, 04:17:40 PM
Happy Birthday Peter!!

Was in "A Room In The West End" last Saturday and briefly reminiscing about meeting you and Lisa there.
(My emphasis)

Weird War One? Seduced by the lure of Hordes Of The Things? Enquiring minds want to know! :D

Well spotted that man!! I should post BEFORE commencing celebrations  ;)

Make that Gordon Highlanders.....no plans for HoTT at the moment (but now you mention it I do have a copy somewhere  ;) ). Wierd war one - don't even think about it.

Love to come to Scotland again.......there's $17million in the Lotto draw tonight......am I feeling lucky? well I hope I can throw higher than one on the dice at tonight's Napoleonic game, but odds on that is the limits of my luck.

Leman

I like the Gorgon Highlanders with their amazing snake-like braids and their stoney glare.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

pierre the shy

Well the $17million prize was claimed last night by someon in Otago (a long way south of here).

I did manage to throw some decent rolls last night, the 7th French Hussars seeing off the 2nd KGL Hussars.

Our few Guard units suffered a bit though, the newly painted up Dutch 3rd Grenadiers are getting a real baptism under fire and our Guard Artillery battery was finally destroyed, much to the delight of the British players, after several turns of fire from multiple British batteries  :(

WW1 stuff delivered to Paul so over to him in due course.   

paulr

You forgot to mention the 2nd KGL Hussars left their standard with those damn French Hussars :o :o

You'll be please to know the first batch from your delivery has been prepared, washed and undercoated :)

The codes involved all begin with SCNNML ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Quote from: paulr on 05 February 2017, 02:32:08 AM
You forgot to mention the 2nd KGL Hussars left their standard with those damn French Hussars :o :o

You'll be please to know the first batch from your delivery has been prepared, washed and undercoated :)

The codes involved all begin with SCNNML ;) ;D

Maybe I was being modest - I did say I rolled a lot better last night  :)

The SCNNML's include the "infamous" geese to finish off your DBA Crusaders I presume.

The entree before the main course?

I have started on my own small Pendraken Zoo project today too that came with the WW1 stuff - cleaned up and based 10 bases of sheep and cattle ready for undercoating. 

Techno

Belated Happy Birthday, Peter !

Cheers - Phil

pierre the shy

Quote from: Techno on 05 February 2017, 09:24:22 AM
Belated Happy Birthday, Peter !

Cheers - Phil

Thank you Phil

Hope things are going as best as they can for you at Techno Towers.

Cheers
Peter

paulr

I've sorted the first batch of WWI - a German Infantry Regiment
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Finished painting and basing up my little Pendraken Zoo project tonight.......10 bases of sheep and cattle - just need a quick spray with some matt varnish tomorrow morning before work to complete.

Delivered 3 Feb and completed 7 Feb.....must be a record for me  :o  ;)

Reasonably happy with how the wash and drybrush look came out, even if I do say so myself as I am a very average painter.

Okay, not a uniformed wargaming unit but they are now ready, progress!!  :-bd