US Embassy in London contact number

Started by old smokie, 01 February 2017, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old smokie

anyone know if there is a telephone number for the US embassy in London  which allows you to speak to a person and not an automated call, a friend needs to speak to someone as a matter of urgency, tried various numbers without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leon

The only one I can find anywhere online is this one 020 7499 9000?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

old smokie

thanks Leon, that's one of the ones I found but he's just getting an automated menu  :(

Leon

There's this number which seems to be for travel visa issues: 020 3608 6998
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Or their information resource centre: 020 7894 0925

And an old switchboard number, not sure if it's still in use: 020 7894 0525

This one was mentioned online, but it's a premium rate number: 090 4245 0100

d_Guy

As a last resort your friend could claim to be a U.S. citizen and use the emergency contact line (I believe it is listed on the State Department site). Yes, they will be irritated but it will be a live person anyway. I don't mean this as a joke, in some situations it is simply better to ask forgiveness. Much depends on how serious your friend's problem is. Good luck!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

old smokie

thanks all, he is American but lives in the uk

Sunray

If the London switch board is animated/engaged, you might try the regional consulates - 019 2002 6419 (Cardiff) and Edinburgh 0131 556 8315