Volley and bayonet WSS action

Started by slimreidy1, 31 January 2017, 04:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glorfindel

>>I am looking for one which has multiple nations fighting together one each side.  This will creat a great variety in uniforms.
>>Any suggestions of battles and the location of good order of battles?

I've just started raising some WSS Battalions and was looking for a similar mix of nationalities / colour.
In the end, I bought the Ramillies Campaign guide from Osprey :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ramillies-1706-Marlboroughs-tactical-masterpiece/dp/1782008225/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489524542&sr=8-1&keywords=ramillies

This has a nicely detailed Order of Battle which includes a great mix of nationalities
(French / Bavarian / Spanish / Cologne / British / Danes / Dutch / Swiss etc).   Many 
of the brigades are made up of more than one nationality which should make this a very
colourful choice.   Just pick a brigade (5 or six battalions) and work your way through.

Phil

PERKY

May I suggest obscurebattles.blogspot.co.uk .It has two very good accounts of both Blenheim and Ramillies with orders of battle (with coat and cuff colours for all regiments and squadrons) plus nationally of troops. it also has 7 years war Napoleonic and ACW to name a few other periods . ;)