Volley and bayonet WSS action

Started by slimreidy1, 31 January 2017, 04:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimreidy1

31 January 2017, 04:09:10 PM Last Edit: 31 January 2017, 05:22:39 PM by slimreidy1
I've finally got around to posting last weeks WSS game onto my blog which you can check out on the following link. It was another cracking game in a period I've really enjoyed Playing recently and that is not because I seem to win when we do ....honest 😉
http://slimreidy1.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/last-weeks-wss-battle.html

Leman

What the heck, the early C18th War of the Welsh Succession, featuring a French invasion of Cardigan Bay
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

As always an excellent looking game. Shame that the British cavalry didn't put up more of a fight.

slimreidy1

Quote from: Leman on 31 January 2017, 04:12:48 PM
What the heck, the early C18th War of the Welsh Succession, featuring a French invasion of Cardigan Bay

Lol  =O =O  (post amended)

jambo1

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

I think you've tempted fate with that last comment ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Very nice looking game

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

lowlylowlycook

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 01 February 2017, 12:23:26 AM
Tricornes rule!

Don't tell me - once you get the bloody Aztecs you will insist on Aztecs in Tricornes....

IanS

P.s. - the dictionary wont accept "Tricone" - and gives tricorder as a suggestion  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

As usual, a very attractive looking game. Years ago, when I had sold all of my wargaming armies and deciding what period to make my comeback in, so to speak, it was a Volley & Bayonet refight of Fontenoy that got me back into wargaming - who can resist a tricorne? One episode reported in the AAR of that game also sticks in my mind. There was some unit (Irish Brigade?) that had great difficulty advancing because the line of advance had to go through a marsh and was suffering accordingly. The player in command exclaimed, "I'm being sucked to death!" to which one of his opponents replied, "There are worse ways to go!"    :-[
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Bunny

Very cool looking game.

I am planning on a WSS project, not quite sure which battle to collect the armies for but I am looking for one which has multiple nations fighting together one each side.  This will creat a great variety in uniforms.

Any suggestions of battles and the location of good order of battles?

The unit basing looks great also, well done.  What size bases are they?

Bunny

toxicpixie

The Allies were rather nationally diverse, so going with a combo of Dutch, British and "mercenary state" units works fine - Danes, Prussians, minor Germans, and then Imperialist with their own combination of minor Germans, Savoyards and possibly even some actual Spanish if you want to fight the battles in the theatre the war was ostensibly about :D

The French are generally French (who needs allies when you're so brilliant, eh?), but Bavarians are traditional, then there's the wild geese and foreign regiments and possibly even some Spaniards ;)

Everyone got some units pretty much everywhere, I think...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting