Hills Dwarves for Warband

Started by DFlynSqrl, 30 January 2017, 02:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFlynSqrl

30 January 2017, 02:19:52 AM Last Edit: 30 January 2017, 02:22:50 AM by DFlynSqrl
Since my painting diary died a painful death by apostrophe (the "hacking" event of 2016"), I never got around to posting up my last unit of Dwarf Warriors.  I did want to make a group shot to post though so here's some pictures of the starter Dwarf pack for Warband.  I did toss in a few extra figures like some pipers. wizards, and stuff.  Kudos to my lovely wife for help with the photography.

That's 3 stands of warriors, a ranged unit, artillery, cavalry, a magic user unit and the leader.

The "family" shot.

Just the Leader, magic user, artillery and cavalry units...

And the 3 units of warriors and a mixed range unit (blunderbusses, crossbows and bows... because Dwarves don't mess around!).

There's a discussion on another thread about NMM (non-metalic metals).  I used a very "basic" version on these little guys.  Just 3 shades of gray.  I think it gives a little pop to the metal bits but isn't exhaustive to paint.

These are really lovely figures and a pure joy to paint.

Cheers!
Rod

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

The NMM works, I particularly like the nicks on some of the swords & hammers :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

These guys are amazingly vibrant and the detail work is awesome. 

Very impressive.

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Great looking figures, as others have said they look very vivid and bright , but still look realistic.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Terrific work !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

Luddite

Excellent work sir!

Those are some lovely looking Hill Dwarves right there.

Have they seen battle yet?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

DFlynSqrl

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: Luddite on 30 January 2017, 08:50:42 AM
Have they seen battle yet?

Sadly no.  I'm working on their opponents right now.  The Undead starter pack.  I didn't have much luck convincing any of my buddies to jump on board, but plenty are willing to try it.  So hopefully we'll have some fun games once I'm done painting and reel in a few more players.

Ithoriel

Love these.

As others have said, the colour scheme really makes the figures pop. Enough consistency to tie the army together, enough variation to make it interesting.

I haven't been much impressed with the current fad for NMM and I'm still not.

Downside - your grey metal doesn't look very metallic to me.

Upside - it looks like they have stone weapons and armour and I think that's just soooo dwarvish!! Brilliant stuff! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jchaos79

Womble67

They are fantastic

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

These look outstanding, really nice colours and good basing as well.

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DFlynSqrl

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}