Italian Ww2 newsreels

Started by Aksu, 25 January 2017, 06:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

Hullo,
Found quite a few WW2 Italian newsreels on youtube, good inspiration for painting, especially to see wide variety of gear used on campaign. E.g. Some Desert stuff at https://youtu.be/w8dYWe-RcIU which will help you find more I suppose.
Some things I did not expect: very shiny helmets in a desert video of a (staged) engineer attack, many many shades of jackets, chaps wearing only a pith helmet and shorts.
Cheers,
Aksu

Steve J

Nice find and really shows the range of kit used by the Italians for transport etc.

paulr

Will definitely be having a look at these later, thanks for posting
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Great Find Aksu

watched the first desert clip, looks like the pilot of the crashed Blenheim (I think it is) just got out in time about 2:30 into the clip.....a rather lucky man I would say.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Aksu

This playlist looks like a fairly easy way to enjoy several hours of these newsreels
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEB978F8E0FF7955C
Cheers,
Aksu

Orcs

The picture of the British POW bears out something that I had read about. - the British boots were scuffed completely white by the sand and stones in the desert 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

Quote from: pierre the shy on 26 January 2017, 08:07:16 AM
Great Find Aksu

watched the first desert clip, looks like the pilot of the crashed Blenheim (I think it is) just got out in time about 2:30 into the clip.....a rather lucky man I would say.

Jebus, no kidding. He cut that rather fine...

Orcs, for "British Desert Boot" I like a light, very slightly beige colour. I can't quite bring myself to go with "white" but a mild couple of steps down looks right to me :D It's hard to tell on piccies (even colour ones, as they're normally "colourised" but they do always look very light, and lots of accounts do note it. Same sort of thing with webbing and clothing, very often. The conditions mean the best turned out unit is probably in a combination of rather knackered dress within a very short period :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting