Ancient Naval

Started by Ithoriel, 25 January 2017, 11:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Ithoriel

Temporary inability to access email and the internet has had the slight bonus of seeing me painting rather more and playing Elder Scrolls Online considerably less!

As you can see, I am now returned to the digital world courtesy of a very nice Virgin Media engineer so I thought I'd post some pics of the slow progress of my ancient galley fleets. All of the (planned) Carthaginian fleet is now painted and the bulk of the merchants fleet too.

Pictures of the merchant ships below, with a Navwar quinquireme from previous post to show relative sizes.

From the front, two Navwar Greek coastal traders, Langton sea-going Roman trader, Langton's massive Frumentarii 1200 ton grain ship - actually to scale it is slightly smaller in length and breadth than the figures given for the "Isis" when she docked at Piraeus in the 1st Century AD - then a Navwar quinquireme, two Navwar Roman coastal traders and finally a Langton wrecked quinquireme.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are brilliant
Is that Lino?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Excellent stuff, Mike !

Cheers - Phil.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Please tell me those sail markings are transfers ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 June 2017, 06:29:56 PM
Is that Lino?

Yep, a one metre length of a 2m wide vinyl flooring. Cost less than a tenner iirc.

Quote from: paulr on 07 June 2017, 08:27:44 PM
Please tell me those sail markings are transfers ;)

Much as I would love to be able to say they were hand painted I'm afraid that I do not have the time, talent or hand-eye coordination for that. Part of my extensive stock of GW waterslide transfers.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data