Completing ranges?

Started by Mesius, 24 January 2017, 07:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesius

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any plans for Pendraken to complete their Russo-Turkish war ranges and Russo-Japanese war ranges in the near future? The ranges are still sadly lacking complete nationalities and troop types.

Russo-Turkish war:

Bulgarians
Roumanians - (3 infantry types, artillery, and cavalry)
Russian dragoons
Horse artillery & mountain artillery
Russian lance
Limbers
Caissons
Casualties
General wagons and baggage
Mounted officers

Russo-Japanese War

Russian MG's (use WW1 Russian MG?)
Cavalry for both sides

Also, will there be a Balkans Wars range?

Any help is much appreciated.

Leman

Balkan Wars would be a belter, particularly after KT's excellent BBB scenarios. We've got the rules, we've got the scenarios - what about the figures.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

jambo1

Balkan wars have always held an interest in me, probably due to doing it in school soooooo many years ago, stuck with me!! :)

paulr

It would give the ships I just ordered someone to support on land ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

KTravlos

There is actually quite a couple of things that if done would be useful for a lot of those conflicts

1877 Russians in kepi in great coat-> Usable as Romanian regulars in great-coat
1877 Ottomans in fez in greatcoat-> Usable as Ottomans in 1912-1913
RJW or 1877 Russians in furshaka and greatcoat-> Usable as Bulgarians in greatcoat 1912-1913
1877 Bulgarians-> Usable as 1885 Bulgarians, and 1912 Third Ban Bulgarians, and Montenegrin regulars.
RJW Japanese in great-coat-> Usable as 1912-1913 Greek line in greatcoat
WW1 Serbs in Greatcoat-> Usable 1885 and 1912-1913

Russians in furshaka (1877, RJW) will be decent Bulgarian Line 1912-1913
WW1 Serbs of course work for Balkan Wars as is.

Thus adding some greatcoat figures would be a great help for good proxies.

Dedicated figures that are needed and cannot be easily proxied: 1912-1913 Greeks not in great-coat. Greek Evzones. Greek Cretan Gendarmie. Romanian Reserve Infantry, Romanian Chaussers, Montenegrin reserve infantry, Albanians in traditional dress.

Of course Guns and Machine-guns for all sides would be great, and usable down to 1922, even 1940 for some cases.

Mesius

I agree entirely with the above  :D

Please, please make it so!

Leman

I have concluded that we just do not take to heart the lessons of history, judging by the number of people (including me) who want to get embroiled in the Balkans.

FierceKitty

Someone's got to help them consume all that surplus history.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Mesius

Exactly, a fascinating geo-political area in the late 19th and early 20th centuries that is too little explored or poorly represented in wargaming terms. With the advent of the popularity of BBB surely the Russian wars in this period and the Balkans wars need to be catered for properly now.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Not sure the catering corps is high on the list of demands!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Not sure about that. A horse drawn German field kitchen would be a great little model to have.

Sunray

Quote from: Leman on 26 January 2017, 05:16:28 PM
Not sure about that. A horse drawn German field kitchen would be a great little model to have.

Any unit they service get a +1 ?

Mesius

Any unit that touches bases with the field kitchen has cohesion/morale restored. I'd love a model of a little field kitchen and staff in deployed mode with an open tent or something.

Leman

Oh indeed. Remember the enthusiasm shown by Earnest Borgnine in All Quiet.

toxicpixie

Leads to great fits of bravery.

There's a great bit on one of Millgoons memoirs where the battery pulls off the road, everyone starts brewing tea, a German stonk hits them and they all leap back in the trucks and race out the foot print. Except for one brave gunner, who leaps BACK OFF the truck, runs over to the stove, grabs the tea, slips his tin hat over it, runs back to the rapidly accelerating lorry and gets hauled aboard at the last moment.

When told it was a bloody stupid thing to do, and why the hell did he take his helmet off, he indicated to the tea and mumbled that he didn't want it to get any bits in...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting